Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 11:57 PM
Fire Giant

Default Spellboook button

The spellbook button should be available in the UI. It was available to casters at the launch of the game (the original tutorial uses a cleric, and you can see the spells button)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l93daYpKY8

at 10:07 you can see the button being used to open the book and Memorize a spell.
Discord:Boommaster/Tinkermaster#9869
Old 10-14-2019, 09:46 AM
Kobold

??

We won't have the original marble UI.

The UI we will have on green forces you to make a /book macro or bind spellbook key within your user interface keybinds.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:57 AM
Fire Giant

We should not be forced to make a /book button though. it should be a button available as part of the spell slot bar. it was a button available at launch (it was not added as part of a later UI update).
Old 10-14-2019, 10:22 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We should not be forced to make a /book button though. it should be a button available as part of the spell slot bar. it was a button available at launch (it was not added as part of a later UI update).
It was originally only available in the Stone UI. So if you wanted a button, you had to switch to the stone UI to make one, plop it on the hotbar, and then switch back to the velious UI. We have had some discussion about it, and basically when you create a (non-hybrid) caster I think you start with a Spells hotbutton already. Obviously if you were to delete this hot button you would lose it forever (or until you delete your per-character UI files I think). Otherwise it is very easy to make a /book hotkey, or bind it within your keybinds as suggested.

No matter what we do it will become "custom content". As the button was never available in the Velious UI to begin with. We are currently working on updates to the Velious UI that is being distributed in the patch notes. We have been having discussions internally about what we can do to alleviate this. In the meantime, a /book social macro is really not too much to ask of people.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the meantime, a /book social macro is really not too much to ask of people.
Except that it takes up 1 of only 6 available buttons. Are there no UIs that are closer to a classic EQ Look/Feel? A Modification of something like this? https://www.eqinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=1471

Sorry, I've been away awhile and may have missed why we are using the clear Velious UI on green beta.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except that it takes up 1 of only 6 available buttons.
I share your concern regarding using up hotkeys. I've remapped X to open/close the spellbook instead of stand/sit. As a caster, I can't really foresee when I'll need to sit but not have the spellbook open.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:58 AM
Kobold

You can bind spellbook to literally any key on your keyboard without having to even put it on hotbar 1-6.

I don't see why this is an issue.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:00 AM
Fire Giant

Don't forget to use your Keybindings. There is a hotkey in the titanium client for "open spellbook" under UI keybindings. Default is Control + B. I changed mine to simply "B"

You could make it "7" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-14-2019, 11:50 AM
Fire Giant

Keybinding to B works (thanks for that), but I still feel that there should be a clickable button on the UI.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

I just type /book
It's not that difficult...
Closed Thread