Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-07-2022, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We should be drilling and producing energy for western Europe instead of hamstringing people on a knife edge for virtue signal points. We have a prime opportunity to strengthen the usa but yet would rather strengthen our enemies that hate us. We could be leaving Russia and China in the dust building the usa so we can sever ties on our terms and tank china's economy.
This is what a normal government would do if they cared about their own country.

Our leaders, however, are either horribly retarded or horribly corrupt and working against us.

There is no middle ground either. It's one of those options.

We could be energy independent ourselves AND ship surplus oil across the Atlantic and serve all of Europe easily.
Old 10-07-2022, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We should be drilling and producing energy for western Europe instead of hamstringing people on a knife edge for virtue signal points. We have a prime opportunity to strengthen the usa but yet would rather strengthen our enemies that hate us. We could be leaving Russia and China in the dust building the usa so we can sever ties on our terms and tank china's economy.
We’re extracting everything we can from the Permian basin

$90 a barrel is near break even price for a lot of the stuff we’ve yet to drill for

HOWEVER, keystone XL and Canada’s oil and gas needs to be coming to the gulf where it can be refined and shipped to Europe through LNG terminals in Poland and Spain
Old 10-07-2022, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what a normal government would do if they cared about their own country.

Our leaders, however, are either horribly retarded or horribly corrupt and working against us.

There is no middle ground either. It's one of those options.

We could be energy independent ourselves AND ship surplus oil across the Atlantic and serve all of Europe easily.
False, North America sure but not the US

Our break even price is high for a lot of our remaining hydrocarbons
Old 10-07-2022, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're never gonna get there by embracing conservatives. What, do you think the executive teams behind weapons manufacturers care if it's D or R? Either or, they get their wars
And what are the Democrats doing about things right now?

Face it, they both love the war machine.
Old 10-07-2022, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidbl...e-by-2035/amp/

Fun fact: Tajikistan has as much oil as Scotland. There is so much oil out there that’s easier to get to than what we’re not already drilling for
Old 10-07-2022, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And what are the Democrats doing about things right now?

Face it, they both love the war machine.
Uh if you read carefully... this is exactly what I was saying...

I just reserve 1% more hatred for conservatives because of their bad social beliefs I guess
Old 10-07-2022, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
False, North America sure but not the US

Our break even price is high for a lot of our remaining hydrocarbons
Well if we pushed our production (and we were allowed to drill and lay pipe everywhere...heh) we could get close, right?

I'm not talking about our current production. If we took our foot off the brake.
Old 10-07-2022, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uh if you read carefully... this is exactly what I was saying...

I just reserve 1% more hatred for conservatives because of their bad social beliefs I guess
Oh I forgot. You consider Democrats conservatives. Sorry.
Old 10-07-2022, 03:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidbl...e-by-2035/amp/

Fun fact: Tajikistan has as much oil as Scotland. There is so much oil out there that’s easier to get to than what we’re not already drilling for
Start up the helicopters, boys. We got a small nation to invade!
Old 10-07-2022, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Well if we pushed our production (and we were allowed to drill and lay pipe everywhere...heh) we could get close, right?

I'm not talking about our current production. If we took our foot off the brake.
If we drilled for all of our oil we’d push the price below breakeven and make it not profitable to drill, which is what I was saying

WTI is $90 a barrel today

Keystone XL is the smartest / best / most economical policy for North American energy independence. BY FAR the dumbest thing Joe Biden has done was shutting that down. 2nd dumbest is the border

Edit: I haven’t been in oil for 6 years and not in deep water for a decade, so I asked a friend about this. Breakeven in deep water in the gulf is about $50. He told me Biden is a problem, but also majors are skittish and worried about economic collapse so as not to be left holding the bag when commodities prices tank. He wasn’t sure if we’d be drilling even if the government were issuing new permits
Last edited by Kaveh; 10-07-2022 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: I stand corrected