Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 01:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cannot believe how lazy some of ya'll are.
I don't think it has anything to do with being lazy as there is just no good place to put your mouse while you're about to sit and med. You always have to wiggle it around to find it. It's just annoying.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was it like this at launch in 1999 or is this unintended? I haven't seen anyone telling me that this is on purpose or some classic feature.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I'd agree, IF 'Opening the spellbook and then clicking the mediate button every time you meditate' is classic.

If, in classic, you just clicked it once and then it was just a matter of opening your spellbook (thus blocking your view of the world), then this seems silly that they'd add this forced spellbook with a broken meditate button. Forcing a mouse click every meditate really isn't comparable to being blind to the world.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was it like this at launch in 1999 or is this unintended? I haven't seen anyone telling me that this is on purpose or some classic feature.
When you opened the spell book in 99, you automatically meditated, or you had to click it the first time and it auto-clicked forever, I can't remember which one. But clicking it every time I open the book presently is not that big of a deal. It actually adds another piece of immersion into it for me!

I think it's making some of you blue-vets have to actually think for once and you are all getting frustrated.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
When you opened the spell book in 99, you automatically meditated, or you had to click it the first time and it auto-clicked forever, I can't remember which one. But clicking it every time I open the book presently is not that big of a deal. It actually adds another piece of immersion into it for me!

I think it's making some of you blue-vets have to actually think for once and you are all getting frustrated.
So because you personally enjoy the un-classic 'extra mouse click every time you meditate' behavior, everybody else should suffer just... because!??!

There's no talking sense into some people. Some people's opinions are pretty easily ignored.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So because you personally enjoy the un-classic 'extra mouse click every time you meditate' behavior, everybody else should suffer just... because!??!

There's no talking sense into some people. Some people's opinions are pretty easily ignored.
Suffer? Because you have to click a button?

Suffer?

OMFG, so dramatic......Suffer?

/smh
Old 10-30-2019, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

------------------------------
August 30, 2000 8:00 am

*Today's Patch*

Today we modified the EverQuest client to implement the following
changes:

- The /book command (/book #) now accepts pages 1 through 50, and will
switch to the proper page.
- Opening your spellbook will automatically cause you to begin
meditating providing that you have the skill.

- Removed the /meditate command since it is no longer necessary.

So in a little over a year and a half we should no longer have to click it.

-Mcoy
Old 10-30-2019, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Is the extra step of clicking the meditate button really that big of an issue?
Nah. It’s easy and fast enough. My mouse moves toward the Meditate button before my left hand even hits B (bound to spellbook).
Old 10-30-2019, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah. It’s easy and fast enough. My mouse moves toward the Meditate button before my left hand even hits B (bound to spellbook).
Yeah, I got it down now as well. A couple of times I sat there with the book opened and forgot to click meditate but, as with all things, I learned how to adapt.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
August 30, 2000 8:00 am

*Today's Patch*

Today we modified the EverQuest client to implement the following
changes:

- The /book command (/book #) now accepts pages 1 through 50, and will
switch to the proper page.
- Opening your spellbook will automatically cause you to begin
meditating providing that you have the skill.

- Removed the /meditate command since it is no longer necessary.

So in a little over a year and a half we should no longer have to click it.

-Mcoy
Ok, then if you had to click the Meditate button every single time in classic, then well done by the devs here!
Closed Thread