Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
understand and agree are different things. he seems to take issue with your contention that social disorder is the fault of troublemaking media entities rather than societal conditions.
You're right, A well-informed electorate ISNT a prerequisite for democracy.... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As Icke says in OP's video, you progressive boys and girls are just so far behind when it comes to actually knowing history or about the reality that you argue against.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:47 PM
Banned

Again, if it's such a great business plan why is it failing?

A small number of idiots = The D.C. professional crowd and those that buy into it.

This is not because its the only way or the best to profit off news. It's because news profits are a small amount of the family empires that own the media outlets. So it's ok to take a hit on the profitability to have big media influence.

You keep making this about smart businessmen maximizing profit...but that is only true in the sense that smart business men are trying to profit given the restraints placed on the media by ownership. No one is even allowed to do one damn negative story on any company that producer owns shares in. They aren't allowed to go on on about party corruption or wealth inequality. That shit would probably sell better than their current product.

But I agree that premium service fees aren't going to work. Social media is kind of a different topic that I don't think the jury is in on yet...were not sure if Facebook really can replace the T.V. MSM -- we're pretty sure it won't do as good of a job.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:54 PM
Banned

Only you are saying I am saying its successful.

I am not saying they are winning, or not failing, or arguing that news is some great investment and its time to move your stock options to media outlets....

I am simply answering spiders question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
unelected and anointed media does nothing but cover these stories day after day
I am not saying that their tactics make them INFINITE MONEY... Im saying it makes them MORE MONEY than if they printed real informative news, which is why you dont see real, informative news.

Do you get it yet? You are saying I am saying something that I am not, nor am I even implying.

"why is the news about if it bleeds it leads?"

because the demographic that watch the news, or talk about the news, LIKE that type of news...However, The MASSES of people that, watch less news, dont share news or talk about news at all, may not like that stuff, but even if the news printed information that those types of people did like, it wouldn't increase the media outlets viewership, because those people (EVEN if they start watching more news, wont share it) wouldn't share it, because its not something the average person likes to do, (spam social media with links)... so its more profitable to make news that the type of people that share news frantically all over twitter and social networks LIKE to share.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:02 PM
Banned

I mean, think about it for a second, to what you are saying... about them being a failing industry. (which I do not think they are, they seem pretty fucking successful, sending journalists all over the planet, to print CLICK BAIT... at nausem... I think they just want more profit than they get, but clearly it looks to me like they're spending more than they should and that's their problem.. not readership.)

If your business model is "hey this small demographic of readers share news like crazy, and gets us lots of money in the short term..." then of course that is bound to have a negative effect on readership in the long run.

when MOST people are moderate.

But, thanks to the stock market, shareholders, etc, most business models are about the QUARTER success, not the decades... so most (bad) business models are about making money NOW not in the long run.

Which would explain why they are "failing" as you say they are (which I think is an exaggeration, I think they are just "spending" more than they should be.)
Old 09-01-2017, 03:09 PM
Banned

PPS

I by no means think that what you are saying about the news being owned by media giants that manipulate what they allow them to print isnt ALSO a contributing factor to the reason you see the news not covering REAL issues...

There are of course a multituted of reasons why the current media system is garbage.

But the reason its always about the 'trendy topic of the week that the alt-left like to talk about' is because during this #resist moment in time, the alt left are the factory of marketing bots that spam their friends and family that DONT care about reading the news beyond what their family shoves in their faces. Which, increases the click bait ad revenue streams that pay for it all.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PPS

I by no means think that what you are saying about the news being owned by media giants that manipulate what they allow them to print isn't ALSO a contributing factor to the reason you see the news not covering REAL issues...
Well that makes you a fool doesn't it? You don't think billionaire families and their wealth managers ever interfere with the way news is reported? Let's just pretend for a minute the obvious is true and they do. What kind of stories do you think they would prevent being covered? Boring ones no cares about anyway right?

People are fascinated about what Mcconnell might be thinking with his recent comments about the budget -- but none of those hype markets your so fond of talking about give one shit about 2016 Dakota Pipeline Protest? That was good shit -- complete ignored until Hilary Clinton's Candidacy was over. Then all the sudden MSNBC wants to talk about it again.

But I think the elephant in the room is the internet destroyed the future of TV. TV was the biggest baddest media for like 50 years. It's time is over. So I admit that is a huge part of T.V. Media's inability to maintain a general audience. There is actually a looming advertising crisis that will start kick in when the boomers pass.

Here's a story that was never covered: Most countries believe that United States is the biggest threat to global peace on the planet. North Korea isn't even on the map.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 09-01-2017 at 03:39 PM..
Old 09-01-2017, 03:40 PM
Banned

Wait are you saying I am a fool for agreeing with you? Because what you quoted was me agreeing with you... how do you not see that?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I by no means think that what you are saying about the news being owned by media giants that manipulate what they allow them to print isn't ALSO a contributing factor to the reason you see the news not covering REAL issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well that makes you a fool doesn't it? You don't think billionaire families and their wealth managers ever interfere with the way news is reported?

Seriously, do you know how to read?
Last edited by mickmoranis; 09-01-2017 at 03:45 PM..
Old 09-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

what's going on around here?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-01-2017, 03:44 PM
Banned

Juris is not reading posts and arguing even though his argument is dead on the same as the post he's arguing against.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

This is not RnF.....(not pointing any fingers just saying)