Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 03:52 PM
Large Rat

Pet class tears are also part of the classic experience keep up the good work devs.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IIRC (and it's been years) the command just turns TGB on/off.

If you have it on and you target someone else while casting a group buff, it casts on them (if it's off, it casts on your group, the way it does now).
So I wonder if that means you have to turn it on for other groups but turn it off for your own group?
Old 09-13-2019, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I wonder if that means you have to turn it on for other groups but turn it off for your own group?
Don't bother. Just target yourself or any groupmate and it will cast on your group.
Old 09-14-2019, 04:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I started a new monk on the blue server. I am not sure what was done in the patch to make the mob hit harder and the monk gets crushed by a bat, snake and skellies. The deathfist pawns smashed me to. I never got smashed like that ever in my eq experience. What ever you did. Messed up the game play bad. Now the new ui does not look good at all. The functionality stinks. You can't move the spells you have casted on you. My self liked the older ui. Which I think represents the older game.
I agree about the UI. The sad part is this UI is going to be a requirement on green. I hate it and althought not preferred would much rather use one of the many remade classic era interfaces.
Old 09-14-2019, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

+1 for the change to Character Select. Also, just noticed...the ability to change facial features after the fact appears to be disabled now. /cheer /applaud /cry
Old 09-15-2019, 10:09 AM
Skeleton

Default Skill and Friend window

Did the new patch delete alt F friend window and the skill window that you could check your skills?
Old 09-15-2019, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

The friends window is unclassic; I never used it, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if it was removed. The classic way to check your friends list is to use /friend (with nothing after), or check your .ini file.

I thought the skill window was a core part of the game though (I don't know of any other way to check your skills). If that's not working you might want to try loading a different UI skin and see if maybe there's some problem with your skin or something.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:05 AM
Sarnak

No love for the UI and other QoL nerfs, but I get that the goal is Classic, both good and bad, and take it for what it is, adapt and move on...

BUT, if your gonna be serious about "Classic," earthquakes should not be instantaneous repops of all mobs, but should replicate the patching that went on back on live. Server should go down for 6-18 hours first, make everyone keep trying to log back on to see when the "patch" had finally finished.

Yeah, that would suck even more, but hey, that was "Classic"
Old 09-16-2019, 02:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I don't know about anyone else, but playing 1920x1080 isn't classic, either.

I used to send some money every now and again (maybe $100 total ish over 1 year). Not anymore.

UI changes (no compass, of course, no map, but just Quality of Life) are important.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:45 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Only classic if it fits the narrative.
"select" quality of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No love for the UI and other QoL nerfs, but I get that the goal is Classic, both good and bad, and take it for what it is, adapt and move on...

BUT, if your gonna be serious about "Classic," earthquakes should not be instantaneous repops of all mobs, but should replicate the patching that went on back on live. Server should go down for 6-18 hours first, make everyone keep trying to log back on to see when the "patch" had finally finished.

Yeah, that would suck even more, but hey, that was "Classic"
Closed Thread