Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 02:28 AM
Sarnak

Question Cleric Gear, what should i aim for!

So i am trying to get some good gear and a mate of mine is going to twink me, looking to spend around 50k.

The problem is that I am a hafling cleric (so no cultral armor....)

what should i be aiming for? i did some reasearch and couldn't really find anything better than a full set for like 10-15k, but i have more to spend!

Keep in mind i have my epic and just want to twink out everything else [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] any help would be awesome!
Old 04-18-2015, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

My Main is a Cleric and naturally at high levels you want Wis items, and low levels you want Mana items.

A lot depends if you want to sit on your butt all the time or sort of be a Battle tank at times.

I have sort of a mix of both on my high end one so you can live a bit longer if you get hit.

But I have found no matter how much mana you have you are going to run out. So I don't go for the max total mana I can get in Kunark era. The reason is if you have a TON of mana and you run out it takes a TON of time to regen it back even with CII. And I have when you have to sit for 5 minutes or more to regen mana Some times when people say yay, I can Bio or get a drink, there is a chance the group may break up because someone will say, well I guess I need to go, been on too long etc. etc.

So if you have less mana, less time to regen, you don't loose the flow of the group pulling, killing. But YMMV. It seems to work better for me that way and the group as a whole. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-21-2015, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

If you have a ton of mana and run out, yes it takes a long time to be full. But also, when you get to 50% you might have as much mana as you would have at 100% with a smaller pool... meaning at 50m you are good to go, or even before then.

A large mana pool can never disrupt the flow of a group or give any sort of disadvantage unless you are in a situation where you need resists to live/heal and you have none due to only having mana items.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:12 PM
Aviak

I'll list things you should actually get to improve gameplay and lifestyle. You can find plenty of resources for mana/wisdom/hp/resists.

From level 1:
Jboots MQ - 7k
Peggy Cloak MQ - 10k
Goblin Skull Earring - 3k
Ring of Shadows - 4 at least, prolly 1k total
Fishbone Earring - 3k
Bracer of the Hidden - 6k

Toys for later:
Donals Vambraces - 1k
Donals Bracer - 3k
Donals Boots - 1k
Water Sprinkler of the Forgiven - 100pp
Dawnfire - 30kish, only 40+, but can pl self in lower guk
Old 04-21-2015, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Will you have any access to PoHate armor or PoSky drops?

If not:

* Neck: Abalone Gorget - 1000pp
* Head: Platinum Tiara - 4000pp
* Ears1: Black Sapphire Gold Earring - 2500pp
* Ears2: Black Sapphire Gold Earring - 2500pp
* Face: Platinum Ruby Veil - 350pp
* Chest: Bloodstained Tunic - 200pp
* Arms: Embroidered Cloth Sleeves - 250pp
* Back: Mammoth Hide Cloak - 1000pp
* Waist: Belt of the Cenobite - 500pp
* Shoulders: Adamantite Epaulets - 350pp
* Wrists1: Runed Mithril Bracers - 500pp
* Wrists2: Runed Mithril Bracers - 500pp
* Legs: Gatorscale Leggings - 1000pp
* Hands: Splitpaw Hide Gloves - 25pp
* Fingers1: Golem Tear Ring - 500-800pp
* Fingers2: Platinum Jasper Ring - 200pp
* Feet: Golden Efreeti Boots - 3000pp

* Primary: Water Sprinkler of Nem Ankh
* Secondary: Book of Obulus - 2000pp
* Range: Medicine Totem - 1500pp

If you want to save money, get gold jasper earrings for like 50pp each and a nightshade wreath for about 150pp. Instead of the HP/Mana Head/Ears I suggest.

You can twink for wisdom for like 5-10k pretty well on this server. Beyond that save your plat IMO.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:32 PM
Skeleton

Lowbie cleric question:

Armor of the Ordained level 8 quests, are they in p99 and worth doing for a level 10 cleric? First character on the server, don't have much of any items

Thanks!
Old 04-25-2015, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFrog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lowbie cleric question:

Armor of the Ordained level 8 quests, are they in p99 and worth doing for a level 10 cleric? First character on the server, don't have much of any items

Thanks!
Those are from Luclin based newbie zone revamps. They are not available on P99.

Sol To Temple armor quests are available though.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have a ton of mana and run out, yes it takes a long time to be full. But also, when you get to 50% you might have as much mana as you would have at 100% with a smaller pool... meaning at 50m you are good to go, or even before then.

A large mana pool can never disrupt the flow of a group or give any sort of disadvantage unless you are in a situation where you need resists to live/heal and you have none due to only having mana items.
It sounds good on paper , yeah at 50% go for it. But as a healer you are responsible for people NOT dying, and if one does die it kills you reputation in the long run doing it often, and you say to yourself IF I Just would have medded to 60% etc., etc.

It is a harder job to be a healer than a lot of people think. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I mean I say gtg at 50% a lot but I make damn sure they know or hope to only pull one or 2 mobs lol.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

The difficulty of healing is directly proportional to the intelligence of the person pulling. Unfortunately pullers are most usually Monks suffering from severe attention deficit disorder coupled with old-fashioned stupidity. As such, healing often winds up a bit frantic. At the opposite end of the spectrum, once upon a time I had a generic experience group in Karnor where between lifetaps, slows, and regen spells with the occasional Shaman superior heal, I (as the tank) never needed healing from the Cleric at all. He sat there doing nothing for the best part of an hour (we didn't much care) before eventually going offline.

Having a large mana pool makes no difference in sustained fighting over the course of hours, but it does provide a nice emergency buffer to work with. No Cleric was ever made worse by having lots of mana available.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 04-25-2015 at 05:27 PM..
Old 04-25-2015, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with the, who is the Puller. One of the easiest healing groups I was ever in was in KC was with a Ranger pulling. He used Harmony and Never had over one Mob at a time come.

We had a Warrior and a Monk kill as he went back for another mob. I kept timer up for repops and he would stay and Harmony them. It was non stop pulls and kills. Was easy as hell for me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread