Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 12:55 PM
Sarnak

People can abuse the current system by just turning in kelz. What's the difference. I think given the option none of the people currently there would abuse it, and new people would just be educated on the way it works. They can fight the current roll agreement saying they don't agree with that either. But people don't.

Its great that some people can sleep through the window at their computer with their Gina blairing for a roll or that they don't mind looking at a wall for 0-4 hours a day. But not everyone wants to handle it that way.

The current system is pretty shitty at the moment. If more people agree to preroll than roll on pop we'll make it the agreement, just like we did with rolling. If people break that agreement then they'll be petitioned, just like we previously did. If GMs don't enforce the agreement then it'll just fall apart. If people state they don't agree or don't want to be part of the agreement...we'll see what happens.

I have people already telling me their abandoning the roll. So there's that too.
Last edited by Senescant; 02-20-2019 at 01:01 PM..
Old 02-20-2019, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

I'll do it if everyone else agrees ... but I'd give a snowball's chance in hell to it succeeding.

Senescant you seem ... optimistic (to put it mildly) about your ability to convince 20+ people (changing every day) to agree to anything that's not the absolute simplest solution possible. I can only attribute it to a lack of experience on this server, and while I keep trying to impress the point on you, you keep ignoring it and dreaming up new complicated schemes to fail with.

Again, I'm not saying I'm against it, and I will join if everyone else does too ... but I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that will never happen.

But on the plus side, at least this idea doesn't threaten to destroy the entire agreement like your last one, so that's good [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Merkk, what happened to you?
Nothing yet I got about 30+ toons ready to fuck this whole thing up then I’ll prolly get suspended or something.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:09 PM
Kobold

Dueling for slots on a list just sound so much better.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:19 PM
Fire Giant

I will personally not agree with a preRoll.

It is a very weak option, with not the aim to solve the current problems, but just to make it at least "easier" or "efortless"

The "price" a preRoll would have, would be so big that I canīt even imagine why or which are the reasons for some people, as you, to propose it.

The only current problem, is people who doesnt honour or respect the agreement which other 20-30 people do. But I personally believe, that GMs, once they see the situation, will take cards into it and make a choice or movement.

The worst thing "we" can do, is try to overcomplicate the system by pretending to change the rules drastically every day. It works, let it go. It was mainly you, Senescant, the person who was pushing hardly in forums and in game tells the people to get the roll system. We have it now, just dont try to make it worse.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

The simplest solution is a clickfest. That's where we're currently headed back to. I'm trying to make this less painful for everyone, as many people have stated would rather not poopsock a roll.

A preroll isn't complicated. People show up, they roll, winner wins, winner socks. Many people have stated they'd be ok with that. If that's complicated for you then there may be something wrong with you.

Also don't be fooled by the account's born on date. This is forum account #3...

@Kelz. What "price". What are you talking about. Please be specific. I get you like to poopsock and/or sleep at your computer with your gina trigger, but not everyone else is on board with that.
Last edited by Senescant; 02-20-2019 at 01:29 PM..
Old 02-20-2019, 01:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senescant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. Scout has been so nice since it transitioned to a roll.
I don't get why you champion for change constantly. You wanted a roll and got it, now you want a clickfest.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't get why you champion for change constantly. You wanted a roll and got it, now you want a clickfest.
You obviously failed to comprehend what I wrote. That is not what I want. I want this to be done as intelligently as the community can.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Pre-roll is the worst imaginable idea and I personally will not participate in it.

The roll will occur within minutes of the spawn or on the spawn, or this is absurd.

You are severely underestimating the value of simplicity.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:49 PM
Sarnak

Progress is made whenever progress can be kept. Let's not walk in circles.
Closed Thread