Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: What will be your primary class on Green, considering the Classic changes?
Bard 41 7.18%
Cleric 53 9.28%
Druid 67 11.73%
Enchanter 64 11.21%
Magician 39 6.83%
Monk 26 4.55%
Necromancer 52 9.11%
Paladin 29 5.08%
Ranger 36 6.30%
Rogue 31 5.43%
Shadow Knight 34 5.95%
Shaman 46 8.06%
Warrior 27 4.73%
Wizard 26 4.55%
Voters: 571. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

I would love to see more necromancers grouping up and using their toolkits to the fullest. Once upon a time I mained a necro on live. You can keep a group going when the healer discons, you can pull when the monk/sk gets upset they lost a FBSS roll, pet does solid DPS, throw some root and mes CC around, and when the shit hits the fan (because you are now the puller, the dps, and the healer, hell the entire group), FD and help with the corpse recovery.

Since that time I have mained a shaman, an enchanter, a mage, and a cleric. None were as fun as the necro, especially in a group. The enchanter I mained on P99, and it came close to the fun I had as a necro, but was missing a critical feature that I consider essential now that there are other commitments in my life: feign death.

Being able to pet dps, solo break a room, farm, spot heal, mez...basically play with all the toys, is nothing compared to the IDGAF button that is feign death.

Kid crying? FD. Dog throws up and starts eating the diaper the kid took off? FD. Door knock? FD. Boss asking where your new scripts are? FD. Long bathroom break? FD.

Just FD and f`k off. Best feature of the monk and SK classes too, but neither have quite the kit a necro does.

This time around, try something different. Try the necromancer. You might like it.

I know I did.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

Grouping... wife ench/me cleric
Non-grouping... wife druid/me mage
Solo... necro cause i miss my classic sexiness
Playing with friend... wife shm/him shm/me warrior... cause i'm gonna let them take turns tanking while I cripple dps.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:21 PM
Aviak

I still intend to be a Cleric. Necro was my first real char on live though, got to 50 before Kunark. If Green turns out to be overrun by mages I will just shelve the Cleric and go Necro again until the dust settles.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chryorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still intend to be a Cleric. Necro was my first real char on live though, got to 50 before Kunark. If Green turns out to be overrun by mages I will just shelve the Cleric and go Necro again until the dust settles.
If Green is overrun with Mages, that's the perfect time to play Cleric.

Buff pet. Mage DSs pet.
Heal pet. Mage nukes.
Profit.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:13 PM
Orc

since I see that the latest news have brought someone to the class and race change I would like to do a little reflection with you.
I think the biggest failure of the green server is that of not having worked on the community but only and exclusively on the software, I explain.

devs are working hard to bring back eq as it was at launch, commendable work, real night lights, the impossibility of seeing while meditating, etc. they forgot that this was not the game it was the stake in the ass you could only stand for the chance to play something revolutionary, a unique social experiment and (let's face it) won by that community.

personal opinion has neglected to take care of the community, I do not say to mix the tables of the loots, to give the spirit of the unknown! but at least remove the Timed object, or at least say so. or at least not to say that eventually the servers will come together. we would have saved ourselves a lot from the toxic community.

or to put these objects back in all 2 servers, the game was designed to have them, maybe all druids need a manastoņe, the quarrels between the players that essentially canceled them were played.
Last edited by Cezar; 10-17-2019 at 02:16 PM..
Old 10-17-2019, 02:21 PM
Aviak

Feel like I missed a post, does someone have a link to the class ability changes mentioned in the opening post?
Old 10-17-2019, 02:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Feel like I missed a post, does someone have a link to the class ability changes mentioned in the opening post?
The nights are darker now, meaning Humans, Erudites, and Barbarians will be blind as a bat.

Mage pets will be nerfed, can won't be able to cast spells. There will be a maximum of 4 mage pets on a given target.

That's all I really know of ATM.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:34 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seungkyu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The nights are darker now, meaning Humans, Erudites, and Barbarians will be blind as a bat.

Mage pets will be nerfed, can won't be able to cast spells. There will be a maximum of 4 mage pets on a given target.

That's all I really know of ATM.
Ahh. I've seen the posts about the mage and pet nerfs but hadn't seen a GM confirm they were changing them.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh. I've seen the posts about the mage and pet nerfs but hadn't seen a GM confirm they were changing them.
Neither have I.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:42 PM
Aviak

I played a mage at launch in original EQ. Frankly, the pets sucked at the beginning and I always wished I was a necro.
Closed Thread