Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 10:45 AM
Kobold

Default Quad Kiting Spells....Range correct?

So I began Quadding with my wizard...has been a decade since I've done it. Dreadlands Yetis in the west.

Got everything necessary....spells, staff of temperate flux, sow. But I realized Circle of Force as well as Bonds of Force have an aweful range. Wiki says standard 200 range like normal nukes and others, but to cast circle of force (targeted AE, 4,5sec cast time) the mobs get into melee before I'm able to fully cast the spell even when snared.

Is wiki wrong on the range or is the range just really bad? I wasn't able to wipe an entire group of yetis yet as they keep hitting me in melee while being fully snared. I can't figure out how to do this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Any hints?
Old 07-25-2016, 10:59 AM
Fire Giant

Are you kiting them outside on a hill of some sort? Z-axis can severely limit your range.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoneo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you kiting them outside on a hill of some sort? Z-axis can severely limit your range.
Dreadlands western border has lots of slopes. But I didn't notice any range problems with my normal spells. I also tested casting normal root and the spell is always in range while bonds of force isn't despite the same range according to wiki.

Does this Z-Axis thing only apply to AE spells in general?
Old 07-25-2016, 01:23 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I quad the gnolls outside Splitpaw with my level 35 Wiz and have not had any problems with them getting into melee range.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:10 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I've been quadding the yetis in DL on my Druid for a few days now and have also noticed the z-axis affecting the range of my Lightning Strike spell.

Here is the strategy I've employed to get around this:

1. Cast levitate, run around and snare 4 yetis
2. Bring back to the first rocky patch just north of the Lost Valley entrance
3. Cancel lev and start to quad

This rocky patch seems to be relatively flat and allows for proper range on my AoE spell. Just a matter of finding a spot like this that works for you and you shouldn't have anymore issues.

Hope this helps!
Old 07-26-2016, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

I quadded the yetis and stuff there on my wizard, I always ran outside range and spammed the circle of force key until it cast. But you definitely want things on the z plane as you or you will have problems.
Closed Thread