Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 02:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*head explodes*
LOL, I typed on my phone and autocorrect did me a huge favor. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then I tried to do an edit and when I fixed it I accidentally hit the delete button on the screen and when I tried to back out it made it all disappear so I quit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Was supposed to say: (Don't their fleshless fingers ever get cold)

I really hate this new technology, give me my computer every time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Eras; 10-02-2016 at 02:33 PM..
Old 10-02-2016, 07:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made a DE Ench with the intent of joining the Ways of Yore guild (I have irregular play times and have not seen any on for the last week I have played). For that reason I have no twink items and have gotten all but my cloth gloves from skellies and decayed(Don'the their fleshless first gers email error get cold??) I am level 8 now and ran to HHK to get my pet spell. It is great fun doing leveling the old fashioned way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In game name is Aaww.

This is because the Guild Leader of Ways of Yore self destructed. The entire officer core and all the members have formed and are in the new guild Auld Lang Syne.

Contact any of us and we'll be able to direct you to an officer fo an invite.

I am glad you're having a great time!
Old 10-02-2016, 08:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for the update [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Is Auld Lang Syne following the same basic concept of Ways of Yore as far as the outside economy etc?
Old 10-02-2016, 11:28 PM
Sarnak

We're still nailing down the exact charter regarding that. We're considering allowing the selling of items to outside members, but there's absolutely no buying unless it's tradeskill materials. Enchanted bars, Pelts, Spiderling Silk, etc you are allowed to purchase. However, you cannot buy ANY equipment from either people or from merchants that people have sold. you can buy things like COmbine weapons as the NPC naturally sells them, but no gear that people have sold to the merchant.

Also, we are currently deciding whether when in a group whether you can offer moeny for an item if you lose the roll on it.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQBallzz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you are having a good time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If you are looking for a guild of leveling players to group up with feel free to look me up on game for more info or an invite. We are small but have a decent number of players with mains and alts between 10 and 50. We also have a recruit thread in the guild sub-forum here if you want more info.
Very nice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Good to see old Lanys folk still kicking it after all these years.

OP - Just came back to P99 myself. I have a 20 druid parked in EC if you need a helper (Tanien), and I'm currently working on leveling up my old former EQ self, a Ranger (Aara), who's just dinged 14 as of this morning.
Feel free to look me up on either character if you want a duo partner.
Congrats on making it out of Neriak, though - that's half the battle as an SK!

*edit* - quick tip for ya. Farm silks and bear pelts. They're your ticket to plat as a low level scrub.
The economy on gear is pretty established here, so for a mere couple hundred plat you can outfit yourself pretty well. Sword of Skyfire will last you quite a while, and Crustacean armour is pretty cheap these days.
Last edited by Aaramis; 10-03-2016 at 08:59 AM..
Old 10-03-2016, 10:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very nice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Good to see old Lanys folk still kicking it after all these years.

OP - Just came back to P99 myself. I have a 20 druid parked in EC if you need a helper (Tanien), and I'm currently working on leveling up my old former EQ self, a Ranger (Aara), who's just dinged 14 as of this morning.
Feel free to look me up on either character if you want a duo partner.
Congrats on making it out of Neriak, though - that's half the battle as an SK!

*edit* - quick tip for ya. Farm silks and bear pelts. They're your ticket to plat as a low level scrub.
The economy on gear is pretty established here, so for a mere couple hundred plat you can outfit yourself pretty well. Sword of Skyfire will last you quite a while, and Crustacean armour is pretty cheap these days.
Aaramis. I remember that name. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Come join us. We have a bunch of lanys refugees in guild from various lanys guilds and we having a lot of fun messing around, hitting dungeons and waiting for Pantheon. At the very least look for us for some groups. We currently have some alts and new players in the mid teens hitting unrest.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

Default Update #2

*Update #2*

Hi everyone, the Everquest has been great! I met some crucial companions along the way. I will withhold their names, because if you know the Name of the Wind, you know how serious knowing the true name of something is. A special Shout-Out to the Gnome Mage, Iksar Necro, Dwarf & Human Paladin, Erudite Cleric, Dark Elf Enchanter.

Berserking level 10 Shadowknight.
- Still looking forward to finding friends and people who want to join me on my adventures. Currently hunting in Nro/Commons area.

Early Adventurers - The Depths of Nektulos Forest
- At level 6 I found a level 5 magician to group with in Nektulos Forest. We hunted bears/wolves/spiders as we headed south towards the East Commonland zoneline inside the forest. We then headed west towards the Shadowed Man circle ruin. Plenty of Shadow Wolves spawned around the area so we hunted them since they were in nice supply and we were both working on tailoring ruined pelts.
- I got far too close to a Shadowed Man when trying to pull a wolf with throwing daggers (40range?) and I had my face melted. On my corpse run back I saw a skeleton with a staff and proceeded to punch it for 2dmg for 2min, naked, to obtain 1plat from the cracked staff that dropped.
- I returned home to the dark city of Neriak where I again got lost for some amount of time. Eventually I had to use the P99 Wiki Maps.
- I worked on Smithing and Tailoring more. I started making studs which uses metal bits, so i could eventually Tailor medium quality pelts into Studded Leather Armor.
- I met a low level SK and helped him find his way around the city of Neriak.
- I hunted the low level Halflings in Nektulos to obtain 4 of their regular skullcaps. I returned the 4 skullcaps to the warrior guild leader in Neriak for a new Halberd (Footman's Voulge (12/56)) to replace my Tarnished Halberd.

The Next Step - Into The Common Lands
- The mage and I then moved into EC to hunt more wolves,bears, and pumas.
- I had tunic, gorget, and mask patterns from the tailoring shop with me. We quickly became encumbered by all of the animal pelts we were skinning from our hunt.
- Since we both are somewhat feminine, being elves, (haha). Both of us, adult drow males, had sewing kits with us on our journey. You never know when you need to reattach a button. We would turn pelts into masks, gorgets, and tunics to lighten the load, make profit, and skill up Tailoring.
- Once our bags could accept no more burden we both made a trip to the dark, warm, luminescent, and eerily perfected home city.
- I went back to the Common Lands alone to hunt more animals.
- I was able to join a kind group at the first Orc camp. It is amazing how many kind high level adventurers come to the camp to bless us with buffs. HP, AC, Regeneration, Damage Shield, Clarity, Heals, the list goes on, and on. We began to pull monsters like we were commanding an entire army.
- I discovered a Large Snake Fang (Piercing 5/27). I still had not found a shield so in my offhand I had equipped Man's Red Flower, you would thing some sort of attack would be viable with such a tool.

"What I desire is man's red fire to make my dreams come true
So give me the secret, man-cub, clue me what to do
Give me the power of man's red flower so I can be like you"

- I collected the Raw Sword #4 from the Orc Weapon Smith who spawns in the first orc camp. The other swords, #1-#3 are each on the ground inside the tents. I went to West Freeport with a druid who gave me wolf form. I was able to attempt to turn in the quest at the Warrior's Guild next to the Arena. However, indifferent was not high enough to receive the reward. I decided to settle with turning in a few Death-fist Slashed Belts for exp.
- Ding level 9! I was able to go back to my home city and get my spells. No longer did I have to try to throw daggers at things as they watched every one of my telegraphed movements. Summon baby skeleton pet! Steal strength buff! Disease Cloud! Lifetap! Locate Corpse!
- I grabbed a few spells in Neriak for the Gnome Mage who tipped me 5 platinum for my services.
- I sold some of my HQ pelts to help provide platinum for training my tradeskills.
- Our group grew, shrunk, grew, shrunk. We lost a monk, we gained two paladins, we lost a paladin, we gained a cleric, we lost a mage, we gained an enchanter.
- We headed to the West Commonlands, evading danger as we progressed. Our target was to be the Dervish Cutthroats.
- We immediately found ourselves screaming in panic as a Werewolf assaulted us from the high grasses of the full moon's eve. Luckily the druids who frequent their mystical stone formations were able to slay the beast.
- We resumed our hunt of the Dervish. I acquired my first rings, from the cutthroats, (1AC, 2DEX).
- I found my first shield (Wooden Shield) from a large Barbarian Cutthroat, the shield was small for someone of his size, so it felt perfectly balanced on my left arm.
- Members slowly began to leave, so we found ourselves struggling to keep the camp cleared. We ended our adventure and parted ways, to bring our plunder to our home cities, to hopefully find new found glory and riches with what we had found.

Returning Home - The Light in The Dark - Neriak
- With the loot I had acquired I found myself wanting to move onto to my new class of armor. My patchwork armor had shown signs of wear from combat, I was in need of something stronger for the tattered leather would no longer suffice.
- I had plenty of Medium Quality Pelts saved to move onto the next step.
- I had to make some more Studs from Smithing so that I could make all of the Studded Leather Armor I needed. I ended up being rather successful, I practiced with bear pelts first, since I had no use for the larger sized armor.
- Most of my pieces were made from wolf pelts, which makes smaller armor that weighs less. A few pieces were crafted from cat pelts because I ran out of wolf pelts. In the end I was able to upgrade all of my Patchwork armor to Studded, except for my Sleeves, Mask, and Gorget. My AC saw a significant boost.
- My next step in Armor Progression will be Reinforced Leather Armor, which will require High Quality Wolf and Cat Pelts and Smithing. I have to decide if it's worth it. I will have to consider if HQ-Wolf/Cat Pelts are better to sell for profit towards my Smithing Career, or if they are not worth very much, then I can Tailor them into armor. One of my major goals, is to pump my funds into my Smithing Career until I can craft Banded Armor.
- The night was getting late so I was preparing to setup my camp. However, I found the Iksar Necro whom I had earlier adventured with was still in the area. I sent word.
- He had acquired level 12 and was struggling to find a solution to purchasing his spells. I offered my assistance.
- We ventured from the Commonlands to the Forest and we setup post outside the entrance to Neriak. He trusted me with all of his valuable coins (122plat, 188gold, 190silver), wrote a hastily scribbled list of spells, and with his forked tongue, told me he would be waiting behind a large boulder.
- I went into the city and purchased the spells for his 12th level. I suggested that I purchase his level 16 spells as well, because he seemed to have plenty of coin left from purchasing the first spells. I was tempted to suggest to suggest that he was running low on coin due to the first set of spells, however, due to the fact that we both worship the art of dark magic, I knew there was no need for further corruption. I ended up spending 116 platinum coins on the spells.
- I returned to the Iksar Necromancer, bags full of spells, and I purchased a few stacks of food and water to help him on his adventurers. All in all, I had 8 platinum coins left from his coffers, he insisted I keep the 8 coins as my own.
- I then head towards the Commonlands, I wanted to visit the deserts of Ro to hunt the giant spiders for their silk. However I realized I had acquired 4 more Death-fist Slashed Belts.
- I went to the West Freeport Warrior Guild to turn in the belts. Upon reaching the top of the guild hall, I was immediately killed by the same guild leader who earlier excepted my belts as tribute. I was killed in two hits. I remembered, I had been wolf form the first time, this time I was in my true form. I suppose the human-ilk view Dark Elves as a threat.
- Time for bed after such a careless death. One of evil should not travel across the land assuming friends will be found.

Until next time.. Berserking.
Last edited by gkmarino; 10-03-2016 at 01:45 PM..
Old 10-03-2016, 08:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

oy this makes me want to jump on my shadowknight. i could definitely use tips on gathering/crafting as i progress
Closed Thread