Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 03:20 AM
Planar Protector

http://web.archive.org

Your move, remover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also we had Castersrealm, Everlore and Allakhazam from 1999... there was always discussion on those forums.
Old 08-30-2020, 03:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://web.archive.org

Your move, remover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also we had Castersrealm, Everlore and Allakhazam from 1999... there was always discussion on those forums.
right but that's what i already addressed above, just wish we could truly go 1999 mode and bring back the third party shit like geocities and angelfire, just something that wasn't an easy lookup as it is today. I realize now it isn't really feasible but really wish I was going to some no-name barbarians geocities website rather than a lifeless wiki for easy answers and methods
Old 08-30-2020, 03:45 AM
Planar Protector

Did this quest on my own without the use of the internet in 99, was the hardest thing I've ever done, first thing someone asked me was what website I looked the quest up on. I was like, wat.
Old 08-30-2020, 03:55 AM
Planar Protector

If custom content is ever a thing on the blue server, it would be good to have some custom quests that aren't easy to figure out - making use of existing NPCs so people won't be able to quickly identify obvious markers for something new [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

...and on another note, try to do quests yourself without help if that's something you enjoy. I know I'm very limited with my knowledge of smaller Velious quests and could go the route of not looking anything up and be "stuck" for days/weeks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-30-2020, 04:58 AM
Sarnak

eqatlas

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 08-30-2020, 05:15 AM
Planar Protector

Ive wondered if you just randomized all the spawn points, and item drops in the game, you'd get a pretty awesome experience for us old school fans. Hear me out....

Instead of hand mixing everything up, I think it would be cooler if you just took creatures in the game and the items they dropped, put em in a bucket, shook it all up, so they switched who dropped what item, and then had RNG place all all the enemies with their new items, randomly, all over the world.

All the creatures would retain their same level(s) but their items would be random, and where they static spawn in the world would now be totally different. And leave the starting cities alone.

A bloodthirsty ghoul could now be a static spawn where a bard for the mail quest used to spawn.

A bard from the mail quest spawns down where the ghould lord used to spawn.

Nagafin may spawn where that grizzly bear that paths up to the zone-line of BlackBurrow spawned... and he only drops mesh armor lol

I know that sounds insane, but auto randomizing everything instead of hand authoring "second quest" would be so unpredictable, it would feel as confusing and weird and goofy as classic 1999 EQ used to feel.

Like, the only reason to kill naggy in the instance above would be because getting in and out of everfrost was literally impossible if we didn't, as a server put raids together to kill it... but no person in their right mind would ever decide to do something like that in a game...

but something like that would be super fun and challenging and interesting for us to overcome I think.

Think about how weird the dedicated barbarian players would be leveling like to 40 in everfrost before the server finally killed naggy and they could get through BB... It'd be such a randomly weird new experience.

Like nothing would make sense again.

It would be awesome.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 08-30-2020 at 05:33 AM..
Old 08-30-2020, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Thread hijack:

This was a fun day:
http://www.angelfire.com/realm/Wyndc.../conquest.html

One of the people from this guild used to play here. Ketsui. I was in skyshrine when they woke the sleeper.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Last edited by Nuggie; 08-30-2020 at 10:14 AM..
Old 08-30-2020, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

The wiki is already a player made resource, its not maintained by P99 staff.
Old 08-30-2020, 12:16 PM
Fire Giant

Wiki is def number one or close to number one not classic thing on p99 right after yellow text fte and “racing”.
Old 08-30-2020, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive wondered if you just randomized all the spawn points, and item drops in the game, you'd get a pretty awesome experience
Yeah I've been saying this for a long time. Not completely random, because each area of the game should retain its own feeling (Frogloks in Guk/Seb, Gnolls in Splitpaw, etc), but changing things up significantly. Once a script has been decided upon, it doesn't take any extra work to have constantly shifting content for the players to experience, since item drop locations and how many NPC's spawn in a room, or the exact place an NPC spawns, would be everchanging. For the Dragons/Gods it wouldn't be about changing their spawn location, but rather introducing different "henchmen" that spawn whenever they are engaged, making those fights more exciting/difficult and giving everyone something important to do (more tanks and caster DPS would become relevant).