Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 01-28-2023, 01:58 PM
Orc

You guys selling them for 200k? I though you were in the business of selling them cheaper not more than they currently are
Old 01-28-2023, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys selling them for 200k? I though you were in the business of selling them cheaper not more than they currently are
They aren't selling them and may never, they say they will but we will see. If they do I doubt it'll be much cheaper. They will cause urns to go up due to less supply less you join their squad. Simple economics.
Old 01-28-2023, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

Three urns sounds like a nice start!

Out of curiosity, how many hours did the urn winners have?

How many did the next closest have?

How many total player hours went into that 600k?

How many hours is the crew at camp per day?

Do you limit how many people can be at the camp urning hours at a time or do you do first come, first served for a minimum kill crew?

How many people are in the crew? Are you still accepting new people and if so, when will that close?

Are people in the crew allowed to sell the urn they win at whatever price they want? Or do they have to use it on their toon?

Will you ever sell an urn for plat if someone in the crew has at least one hour and wants it? If so, how do you determine the distribution of that plat?

Good luck on the drop rate! She can be stingy :P
Old 01-28-2023, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At the moment, our winners are using them for their characters. We do have plans to sell them at a MUCH lower rate, but that may take some time. Come join the fun and pay zero for yours! 200k referred the the approx rate the other urn group was selling for (which was the only way to get an urn for the past 1.5 years.) I think current price for them is around 180-190ish.

Feel free to buy from them if you want, but we're providing another option [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just ignore Ripaozko - according to their post history, they havent had a positive thing to say on forums in years.
Last edited by Brool; 01-28-2023 at 05:38 PM..
Old 01-28-2023, 06:43 PM
Sarnak

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Three urns sounds like a nice start!

Out of curiosity, how many hours did the urn winners have?

How many did the next closest have?

How many total player hours went into that 600k?

How many hours is the crew at camp per day?

Do you limit how many people can be at the camp urning hours at a time or do you do first come, first served for a minimum kill crew?

How many people are in the crew? Are you still accepting new people and if so, when will that close?

Are people in the crew allowed to sell the urn they win at whatever price they want? Or do they have to use it on their toon?

Will you ever sell an urn for plat if someone in the crew has at least one hour and wants it? If so, how do you determine the distribution of that plat?

Good luck on the drop rate! She can be stingy :P

Heya! As you re associated with the other crew - typically on your ENC Mirinda - I am not super motivated to answer all this....I feel its not really genuine. I am pretty busy helping all of our new members!

I am happy to let our members experience and our success speak for itself over time. We are always open to input and suggestions from our members as we want to make it the best for everyone. So far, the response the simple option of not having to pay 180k for an urn mq has been overwhelming --- and extremely positive.

Cheers!
Old 01-28-2023, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At the moment, our winners are using them for their characters. We do have plans to sell them at a MUCH lower rate, but that may take some time. Come join the fun and pay zero for yours! 200k referred the the approx rate the other urn group was selling for (which was the only way to get an urn for the past 1.5 years.) I think current price for them is around 180-190ish.

Feel free to buy from them if you want, but we're providing another option [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just ignore Ripaozko - according to their post history, they havent had a positive thing to say on forums in years.
!remindme in 6months, still won't be "incredibly cheaper urns" hope that helps.
Old 01-28-2023, 07:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
!remindme in 6months, still won't be "incredibly cheaper urns" hope that helps.
That's fair---but hope to prove you wrong. At the very least there will be an option to just join up and farm em vs. paying a ton. Ideally the hours invested will still be worth it!
Old 01-28-2023, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's fair---but hope to prove you wrong. At the very least there will be an option to just join up and farm em vs. paying a ton. Ideally the hours invested will still be worth it!
I do too , but it won’t be. Wait til ya have to get 12 before it drops like my necro. The amount of farming will start to add up to a lot of hours to get an urn. For lot of us it is easier to farm plat then stay at a camp for a week straight.
Old 01-28-2023, 07:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Heya! As you re associated with the other crew - typically on your ENC Mirinda - I am not super motivated to answer all this....I feel its not really genuine. I am pretty busy helping all of our new members!

I am happy to let our members experience and our success speak for itself over time. We are always open to input and suggestions from our members as we want to make it the best for everyone. So far, the response the simple option of not having to pay 180k for an urn mq has been overwhelming --- and extremely positive.

Cheers!
That's your call! Definitely genuine questions though. I completely understand the motivation to want to farm your own urn (I felt the same way about my enchanter epic, and was glad I got to do that!) and I'm under no delusions that the camp belongs to me and my group of friends, or that other people who want to farm it are in any way shape or form my "enemy." I know a few other people who have farmed it and consider them friends, and even root for them to get urns when they get the camp. If I were to never camp DS again, that'd be perfectly fine, and I'd root for everyone who does to get an urn!

My genuine interest comes from two places: I know the camp and what it's like and I think people should have some transparency if they want to join something like this.

It's a BIS item and one that a lot of people have interest in getting. Because of that, I can 100% understand the argument that a farm crew holding it over and over feels kinda scummy. But I also think there's one upside to it: it's very transparent. You need x amount of plat to buy an BIS item and not have to worry about the ridiculousness of the long camp windows, competition, and chance that she drops no urn.

A reason that farm crews are so successful when handfuls of friends are not is exactly that: more people share the burden and the drop can be split (plat splits super easily). When everyone wants an Urn, not plat, that gets a lot more complicated.

Your desire to not want to pay plat for it makes perfect sense to me, and I think a lot of people agree with you (hell, an entire guild existed on this server where people didn't want to pay plat for *anything*). Making a farm crew to compete with plat farmers is the start, but then technically all those people are now competing with each other. Yes, it's better to think of it as helping, but they are coming together to help based on a shared end goal, and that end goal is a scarce resource: she only has *the chance* to drop one urn every 24 hours, max.

I think everyone should get to play this game how they see fit, and your crew may be a great avenue for people to get there.

But full disclosure, I think the answers to these questions should be easy to publicize if that's the case. None of these are trick questions. None of them should be trade secrets. If the farm crew is intended to make this process less painful for people and help them get their own urn, they should be able to know these things going in.

You think selling the urns is scummy, but I'd argue running a crew that keeps this kind of info in the dark while recruiting new members is essentially a pyramid scheme.

Everyone who got in early will get an urn, but the amount of hours required to get one will balloon to such unreasonable levels that anyone new or who couldn't put in the same hours up front will never get one, and it will all eventually implode at those people's expense.

Edit: just want to clarify, I'm not saying you've absolutely started a pyramid scheme--indeed, I hope your crew is super successful and everyone who wants to camp their own urn has that chance! But what I am saying is that the possibility for this being like a pyramid scheme is present, and it is particularly concerning when those questions I asked are evaded--even when coming from a potentially compromised person, like myself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Karthil; 01-28-2023 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: clarity
Old 01-28-2023, 07:35 PM
Sarnak

I take care to talk with our members and we are transparent about everything (not that I owe the opposition any explanation). Those interested in joining have access to all that stuff and are able to provide input for how things can improve. You and other members of that crew seem motivated to twist things to look a negative way - like saying its a pyramid scheme LOL -

I just dont have energy or the interest in debating with you or whatever this is. My time is better spent helping people learn the camp and explaining rules to those interested. Best of luck!