Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 02-16-2024, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my first ten minutes on p99, i found someone farming my hometown guards in neriak and attempted to train them with the necromancer sisters on the roof to stop this blasphemy and protect my people. then complained to new guild about someone killing my guards, and they let me know my homeland defense was against server rules, so i gave it up

i think that was the last time i was a bad player on p99

unless ditching PoG raid from sheer boredom counts, god dam those mobs take forever
The trick is to turn on auto attack on the thriftling, afk to cook and eat a full roast dinner, return when it is down to 5% hp remaining.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-16-2024, 07:02 PM
Sarnak

I played there too, and I also remember him as he killed one of my toons quite a bit as well... it's going to bother me that I can't think of his name...
Old 02-16-2024, 07:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played on Vallon Zek (Teams PvP) waaaaay back when Kurnark was released.

I do remember a guild called <Shanks> who were Barbarian only guild, had a Rog player who de-leveled after getting his Epic, back when you maintained your skills and could still equip epic after de-leveling.

He used to terrorize people leveling in High-Pass, killed my little Druid a number of times.

Cant remember his name, but will never forget that guild.
Sorry I didnt reply to quote the first time - gonna bother me what his name is as i remember him too.
Old 02-20-2024, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my first ten minutes on p99, i found someone farming my hometown guards in neriak and attempted to train them with the necromancer sisters on the roof to stop this blasphemy and protect my people. then complained to new guild about someone killing my guards, and they let me know my homeland defense was against server rules, so i gave it up

i think that was the last time i was a bad player on p99

unless ditching PoG raid from sheer boredom counts, god dam those mobs take forever
Lol this is pretty funny. Did you actually kill the player with the train?

PoG is much easier once a guild gets their kite strategy down. Otherwise yeah it's a slog
Old 02-20-2024, 11:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played on Vallon Zek (Teams PvP) waaaaay back when Kurnark was released.

I do remember a guild called <Shanks> who were Barbarian only guild, had a Rog player who de-leveled after getting his Epic, back when you maintained your skills and could still equip epic after de-leveling.

He used to terrorize people leveling in High-Pass, killed my little Druid a number of times.

Cant remember his name, but will never forget that guild.
Holy crap I think I just remembered his name ... ARPAD!
Old 02-23-2024, 03:30 AM
Sarnak

Tralina
Old 02-23-2024, 10:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol this is pretty funny. Did you actually kill the player with the train?

PoG is much easier once a guild gets their kite strategy down. Otherwise yeah it's a slog
fortunately/sadly no, i complained to the guild chat while in the process and they let me know I was attempting a bannable offense :/ so the murderer remained at large
Old 02-26-2024, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy crap I think I just remembered his name ... ARPAD!
Stuff like this is always an indicator to me of how different EQ is from many other games. Not that there aren't games where you remember stuff like this years later, because there are, but I feel like EQ is one of a few games where there's just so much more of this.

Would probably blow Arpad's mind to know that he was so infamous that like a quarter of a century later multiple people are talking about him on a forum for an emulated server of EQ.
Old 02-28-2024, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

That's gonna be a grats bladefrenzy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymN3-DjRimw
Old 02-28-2024, 02:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtMystium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's gonna be a grats bladefrenzy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymN3-DjRimw
Also can't forget this golden gem, the ryantwins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVbMsn6gptk