Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 07:00 PM
Aviak

Open petitions is a no brainer
Old 05-11-2015, 07:22 PM
Sarnak

Isnt it funny how most the people who derail the threads barely play anymore? Or are in the guild that Sirken is friends with?
Old 05-11-2015, 07:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizznyres [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Open petitions is a no brainer
Old 05-11-2015, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekreant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isnt it funny how most the people who derail the threads barely play anymore? Or are in the guild that Sirken is friends with?
Staff conspiracy theory brewing here GMs plz ban
Old 05-11-2015, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

I'm all for transparency and fair play, but open petitions is just a peanut gallery popularity contest. It will just exacerbate any conflict.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm all for transparency and fair play, but open petitions is just a peanut gallery popularity contest. It will just exacerbate any conflict.
This is why some of us are all for it! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-11-2015, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why some of us are all for it! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya, no reason to make the server a hospitable place, let's shit it up to keep that deathgrip on the pixels
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

Relative innovation? Not classic. :l
Old 05-11-2015, 11:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutonizer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Private petitions: Stays 100% between GM/guide, petitioner and defendant. Reduces drama.
Public petitions: Everyone start sharing their own opinion everywhere, misinformation goes on rampage, things go completely crazy, people get mad at each other, puppies are sacrificed to the blood god, P9X News is created. Start buying tickets and popcorn...
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree.

Public raid petitions will do nothing but improve the server. First, I perhaps should have named the thread a bit differently. It's not just about the openness of the dispute, it's also about accountability, simple and efficient procedure, and precedent.

1) Most petitions are already public in the sense that anyone who's going to troll about it is already doing so anonymously. These people will do this regardless of whether or not any petition is public. It becomes no more of a popularity contest than it already is. In fact, because the procedure is more efficient, problems are settled more quickly and the court of public opinion has less time to lobby.

2) Most importantly, the public petition idea also demands that raid petitions consist only of three steps with no amendment. Grievance > Defense > Ruling.

Right now, the process not only allows lawyer questing, but it encourages it. Guilds are rewarded for having elf-lawyers who are able to spend hours in Skype, PM's, and other channels going back and forth with the GMs, and this type of ex parte communication is anything but healthy for the raid scene. The idea isn't perfected yet, but even the most casual of scrutiny will notice that the current system is clearly inferior when considering fairness and efficiency.
Closed Thread