Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 03:20 PM
Banned

Positioned the bar to come down just below the sternum the first chest day after transitioning from Hypertrophy month to Strength training month. Protracted shoulders correctly etc, 220lb loaded up, was a stupid attempt to target the lower chest, should've just done that with the Decline bench after.

Felt the strain on the first rep. Put the bar back up. Stretched for a minute thinking maybe it was just a strange twisting/kink of the muscle group. Stubbornly went back at it, pressed it 3 times, profaned and left the gym pissed off.

Next day it hurt to turn my steering wheel. Bad juju
Last edited by Thorondor; 04-19-2019 at 03:23 PM..
Old 04-19-2019, 03:52 PM
Banned

I hope u heal up soon. That sux.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
today was SHOULDERS. shredded 'em good. can't even lift my fork. tearing chunks of Jarlsberg straight off the wheel on my counter with my teeth. feelin good pals. hAppy fRiday!
My shoulder day today too!!!! Twinsieeeees!
Old 04-19-2019, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Positioned the bar to come down just below the sternum the first chest day after transitioning from Hypertrophy month to Strength training month. Protracted shoulders correctly etc, 220lb loaded up, was a stupid attempt to target the lower chest, should've just done that with the Decline bench after.

Felt the strain on the first rep. Put the bar back up. Stretched for a minute thinking maybe it was just a strange twisting/kink of the muscle group. Stubbornly went back at it, pressed it 3 times, profaned and left the gym pissed off.

Next day it hurt to turn my steering wheel. Bad juju
ohh, I see. damn that sucks dude. hope it heals up rq liek and you'll be back in the horse Monday as planned. I've incurred a handful of injuries in the pursuit of fitness and the time off is what was most frustrating for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My shoulder day today too!!!! Twinsieeeees!
hell yeah.

*daps shoulders*
Old 04-19-2019, 04:23 PM
Banned

Decided to give it a go today. Had to keep the right shoulder really tight, half-weight. Mild discomfort on the 4th set @16 reps. At least got a good burn in on the last two sets. Tricep pushdowns, and hammer curls. Kept it short n sweet.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

I've decided everyday is gonna be shoulder day. Shoulders back posture does magic things to my frame and I need to remember to do it.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've decided everyday is gonna be shoulder day. Shoulders back posture does magic things to my frame and I need to remember to do it.
Monday ill start it out with pullups in alternating all 3 hand-positions, pulldowns, rear delts, and preacher curls.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oo! get a band and external rotation pull aparts off and on throughout the day. it works fricken wonders for posture.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

What exercises are good for posture? I'm doing shoulder rolls now to get shoudlers in position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oo! get a band and external rotation pull aparts off and on throughout the day. it works fricken wonders for posture.
Cool, thanks! It's really hard for me to maintain atm.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Decided to give it a go today. Had to keep the right shoulder really tight, half-weight. Mild discomfort on the 4th set @16 reps. At least got a good burn in on the last two sets. Tricep pushdowns, and hammer curls. Kept it short n sweet.
good deal, glad it's functional