Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look at this little dude we never got to see! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] He;s hiding below akanon geometry.

[IMG][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][/IMG]

https://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/thr...15/post-284248
Wow
Old 07-07-2020, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

I believe there is also a hidden dwarf! Someone in the forums said they used them for GM events but I'm not sure if I ever saw any photographs of the events.

I wonder how many gigabytes of eq screenshots from 1999-2001 have been deleted on earth. I know I contributed about a thousand images worth to that number smh.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:31 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe there is also a hidden dwarf!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

credit: Zaela
Old 07-07-2020, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

There he is! haha
Old 07-07-2020, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

We need a project to archive every eq screenshot possible and do some kind of image search indexing on them.

I tried image search on my massive eq archive (https://sourceforge.net/projects/imgseek/) and it blew up, won't even build an index, even though my machine has 64GB of ram. Besides uploading them all into some google photos account I'm not sure which way to go.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We need a project to archive every eq screenshot possible
I think you just described nilbog lol

I just found this, check this funfact out:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 07-07-2020 at 06:23 PM..
Old 07-07-2020, 07:50 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They planned to sell tickets to Velious before Scars of Velious was even created?
Kunark and Velious both existed in their designs before EQ launched. They just decided to delay Kunark and Velious and add them as expansions post-launch.

EDIT - Looks like someone already posted as such. They were a lot closer to kunark\velious being ready for launch than most think. I have the original renders of the continents from one of their design notebooks before the game launched.
Last edited by RpTheHotrod; 07-07-2020 at 07:53 PM..
Old 07-08-2020, 12:28 AM
Banned

Lol if you play here and don't have that folded paper map of norrath which clearly included kunark and velious.

I really wonder how much it cost them to make those and ship them with every copy of the game
Old 07-08-2020, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol if you play here and don't have that folded paper map of norrath which clearly included kunark and velious.

I really wonder how much it cost them to make those and ship them with every copy of the game
Probably not much. in 98/99 you could still get things made for less than a billion per unit.

man i remember the burlap-like cloth map that came with the original game box when i was level 10 IRL

I also remember trying to use that cloth map to try and navigate in-game. didnt go well.

I printed every single zone's map at the school library and stuck em in a 3 ring binder. I remember ducking the librarians and eventually getting caught.

Good times. Thank you EverQuest!
Closed Thread