Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

Nearly everything has been said already, but I would point out that giving the puller Magic Resist can be worthwhile as well once you get a few levels higher. I noticed it making a difference starting in the mid 20s at HHK goblin camp when the puller was often getting rooted before making it back to the party.

I also read somewhere here on the forums that giving str buff to pets had a significant impact on the pets rate of getting max damage rolls, though I have no confirmation or data to back that up. Maybe not a top priority, but also worth doing if mana permits.
Old 09-01-2018, 01:55 AM
Planar Protector

AC and in secure to people that take regular hits, str to melees. Dex to tank with proc. charisma if someone is lulling or enchanter charming. Agi if you can push someone to 75+ agi.

Maybe agi on some one that takes hits if you can push them to 91+. Iirc that was the next step up in avoidance, but it was a much smaller one than 75.

I don't bother with stamina at low levels, it's an expensive buff for very little hp.

As someone mentioned spell AC is almost always worth it as it supersedes the work cap.

Mr to puller, and if tank is a war then him to. Being slowed on a warrior trashes his aggro.
Old 09-01-2018, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

+1 for agility. When I read the TAKP source code, I was surprised to realize that 100 agility is something like +10% avoidance ac. After that I went around proccing avatar with my shaman whenever he was tanking.

Low level shamans are pretty much garbage. Forget about Torpor; you don't even have regen, canni, haste, pet, or slow over 50%. So I'd focus on heals (with inner fire!) and hand out buffs if/when you are over 50% mana or so with the primary goal being to keep your group mates happy.

You'll find that small groups tax your mana pool a lot less. You'll have fewer players to buff and fewer npcs to debuff due to lower damage. In my opinion the Shaman shines in duos and trios. Monk, Necro, and SK are probably the best matches, but practically any two classes will work.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:33 AM
Orc

Default Agi meaningless?

I don't know if I would say that Agi is meaningless at 75+. When i offtank on my 60 monk(162 agi) I take far less damage than the 60 ranger I normally group with that has similar ac, but agi is much lower. It is even more noticeable with shaman AGI buff that puts me over 200.
Old 09-07-2018, 11:11 AM
Banned

At level 11, don't even worry about STA or AGI buffs. They will become useful at later levels though.

Tank
Give STR
Give DEX (they usually have weapons that proc)
Give AC (if you don't have a Cleric in your group)

Melee DPS
Give STR

Crowd Control(Enchanter/Bard)
Give CHA

That's the basics at level 11. Heal if you don't have a Cleric and DPS if you do.

At this level, you just buff and try to help the group in whatever way you can.

Also, Shamans don't really slow mobs until around 30ish as the low level mobs usually die too quick.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalyana4215 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know if I would say that Agi is meaningless at 75+. When i offtank on my 60 monk(162 agi) I take far less damage than the 60 ranger I normally group with that has similar ac, but agi is much lower. It is even more noticeable with shaman AGI buff that puts me over 200.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're not talking about raid buffing, we're talking about a level 11 Shaman here. Agility above 75 is meaningless (as are the Agi buffs low level Shaman get).

But yeah, someday it can be worthwhile, and that is worth mentioning.
FWIW as others have correctly pointed out, Stamina-buffing also has incredibly low returns at that level, and probably isn't worthwhile either.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-07-2018 at 01:09 PM..
Closed Thread