Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-04-2023, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin and Pop sucked. I won't be playing on Quarm. Hell give me a classic only server and I'd be happy forever.
This ^^
Old 08-05-2023, 07:51 AM
Fire Giant

Unfortunately, no, no one knows. It’s been something we all expect to happen eventually, but there’s never been any manner of communication as far as when it might happen. Personally, I hope no earlier than December, as I’m gonna be super busy finishing up college until then lol.
Old 08-06-2023, 07:41 AM
Planar Protector

March 16, 2024 will be the 25th anniversary since the game initially launched. Just saying.
Old 08-08-2023, 01:45 PM
Sarnak

If people want a new server its probably best to donate to this free project we all enjoy.
Old 08-11-2023, 11:56 PM
Aviak

I'd be willing to bet they've received at least $10,000 in donations. How much more money do they need?
Old 08-12-2023, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

There's no reason to think donations have anything to do with a new green decision.
Old 08-12-2023, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

EQEMU Devs don't step on each others toes or are allowed to release major new content if daybreak is doing something. daybreak isn't doing anything but another EQEMU dev intends to release a 1-box TAKP server.

so that means P99 will not do anything for a good long time, as they won't want to release new content at the same time a highly anticipated server (project quarm) is coming out, and are also forbidden from doing so if Daybreak has new content coming.

March 2024 seems like it's too early for another P99 release, considering other things going on and considering daybreak's plans for 2023/24

there is a new expansion for live servers in December 2023

So, Project Quarm has to release almost immediately in order to adhere to whatever "non-compete" agreement EQEMU operates under, or they have to release well after december 2023

all of this means there is nothing coming from P99 anytime soon.
Old 08-18-2023, 09:39 PM
Kobold

Green 2.0 isn't happening. People have been doing this kind of speculation for years and nothing has ever come of it. There are no plans and no reason or evidence to believe otherwise. The devs either can't do it or simply don't want to do it and they're not going to talk about it out of spite because they hate you for continuing to ask.

I'm sorry.
Old 08-18-2023, 09:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalora [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are no plans and no reason or evidence to believe otherwise. The devs either can't do it or simply don't want to do it.
Old 08-19-2023, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalora [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green 2.0 isn't happening. People have been doing this kind of speculation for years and nothing has ever come of it. There are no plans and no reason or evidence to believe otherwise. The devs either can't do it or simply don't want to do it and they're not going to talk about it out of spite because they hate you for continuing to ask.

I'm sorry.
We speculated for years on Green 1, there were many nay sayers, but eventually it landed.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung