Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 09-19-2023, 07:39 AM
Large Rat

Cool best ways to make decent plat at 16

im almost 17 druid on green, decent armor and spell up to date, Any good places to make money without running all over norrath? preferably oasis or near ec tunnel as its where i am bound. TY.
Old 09-19-2023, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

*summons loramin to link wiki guide*
Old 09-19-2023, 10:06 AM
Banned

Typical advice would be to focus on leveling and the plat will come easier at higher levels.

In your low to mid 20s SolA is close to EC can be good plat as well as exp.
Old 09-19-2023, 12:41 PM
Aviak

Gfay sisters ia great if the camp is open.

You are just past wisps / Bandits.

Other than that, it is a bit awkward getting plat, Id just focus on leveling and selling everything for spell money.
Old 09-19-2023, 01:34 PM
Decaying Skeleton

"decent plat" is a pretty relative term, but at your level I'd say bandit camps in the karanas. They should still provide leveling experience and the no-drop sashes turn in for bronze weapons in Qeynos right next to a vender you can sell the weapons for plat.

It isn't the greatest cash ever, but it's pretty steady and there are enough camps that you shouldn't have any trouble finding spots free of competition. Check out the Zone maps and you should be able to find a nice camp near enough a vendor (especially with sow) to also sell off the trash loot and convert copper to gems that you can stay until you're full of sashes.

A little higher level and I'd probably head to South Karana and hunt the low tier aviaks. If they're carrying a 2H or a mace, it's usually bronze. KFC is usually over camped, but there are a ton of roamers.

You can also try farming Greater Lightstones in North Karana and trade them in for the concordances, which sell for about 9 plat iirc. That's not as steady an income, but it can be profitable.

Lots of options I think. Oasis is great for experience, but definitely one of the cash poorer leveling spots in the teens.
Old 09-19-2023, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by melenkaah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im almost 17 druid on green, decent armor and spell up to date, Any good places to make money without running all over norrath? preferably oasis or near ec tunnel as its where i am bound. TY.
go to LavaStorm and kill all the gobbos and vendor them at the druids and gypsies

all the junk including the rusties

do it while naked and with only bags in ur inventory so u have the most weight carrying capacity

u could probably rack up about 800plat in a few weeks doing this. probably a bit more, if u played 24/7 u could prob make 300plat a day

----

better to go do this to dervs tho once u ding 24 or something.

---

money and plat drops are sorta wierd on p99 i remember making a ton of money at lvl 19 in Overthere off light cons that still gave exp but meh not so much here !

it is better to be really poor in this game and higher level unless you are a melee and need to buy an item to be able to kill exp mobs --- the the only times i would stop to make plat is on a melee character that was struggling to get exp *** AND couldn't farm their own item to get higher level (PGT for example) <<<< this is OG crazy logic tho there are better items to farm on a low lvl melee lvld off like gnoll teeth or something for better plat to get something better than a PGT faster than farming a PGT, that is all a bit of a secret, Gfay systers is good, so is Gargoyle eyes in OoT (if it's available and ur like 26+ with some basic gear)
Last edited by magnetaress; 09-19-2023 at 03:54 PM..
Old 09-20-2023, 09:44 AM
Fire Giant

As someone else mentioned, the sisters in Lesser Fay can be pretty good cash. There's a little camp nearby to sell in and there's no faction hits to be concerned about. The gargoyles on Specter island in OOT isn't bad either. It's not gonna set you up for retirement or anything, but it will keep your head above water until you can start porting for plat
Old 09-20-2023, 12:49 PM
Banned

if ur evil u can kill dwarvs/sisters in OOT too when big enough, there's a few low lvl ones around lvl 12-14 or so, butt watch out for the big pirate and big sisters in the huts

personally i like out of the way places, u can also make some ok plat in lake rathe and rathe mnts off the camps there if u can sell to vendors for a lvl 20 something butt the mobs wont give good exp

i would avoid farming wisps in wc cuz griffawns and other players are just constantly wiping out the zone for grizzly pelts

you can make some decent plat at the entrance of guk too, i guess u could sell to the shaman spell vendor

and then when u get bigger again there's mammoths in everfrost

the problem is you may have to move around to find camps that are available and not perma camped by some BiS twink alt tabbing between characters

that is why i recommended lavastorm !

last time i went into befallen there was a bard pulling the whole zone to level someones alt cleric and i am pretty sure they where boxing or leveling a shared guild character
Old 09-20-2023, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

I'll give you 10k for free
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-20-2023, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll give you 10k for free