Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-11-2023, 07:28 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Farming the High Keep goblins

Can someone please let me know if I'm reading these rules correctly? Went to High Keep basement to solo some goblins and a much higher level player was killing them all claiming it is a single camp. Can someone please clarify in light of the what is stated below?

High Keep:

Basement Goblins Llandris 8/6/17

Each room can be camped individually "The basement of HK CAN be split into 4 separate camps, depending on the amount of players in zone willing to contest"

https://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rules
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HK Basement Farming.jpg (53.4 KB, 163 views)
Old 12-11-2023, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

Its a dungeon type zone, despite being "outdoors" for the purpose of spell restrictions.

Line of sight rules apply, you can only claim the mobs that spawn in line of sight of your claimed camp, everything else is FFA if not part of another camp.

That guy is wrong, or lying about it to get rid of you. A ton of players don't understand the dungeon type vs. outdoor rules.
Old 12-11-2023, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

That being said, the basement has typically been used as one whole camp by XP groups on P99, but its true that nothing is stopping anyone from coming down there and squatting on a single room by the rules. But this isn't an XP group its a single dude so any sort of gentleman's agreement type stuff isn't relevant either.

You're free to snipe goblins at your leisure and tell him he has to claim a camp, you can't get in trouble. If you're unable to kill mobs as fast as he can clear them due to your level though, you'll have to get legal on him, which by the looks of things will require a petition if he's not going to budge from his wrong stance.
Old 12-11-2023, 08:34 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That being said, the basement has typically been used as one whole camp by XP groups on P99, but its true that nothing is stopping anyone from coming down there and squatting on a single room by the rules. But this isn't an XP group its a single dude so any sort of gentleman's agreement type stuff isn't relevant either.

You're free to snipe goblins at your leisure and tell him he has to claim a camp, you can't get in trouble. If you're unable to kill mobs as fast as he can clear them due to your level though, you'll have to get legal on him, which by the looks of things will require a petition if he's not going to budge from his wrong stance.
Thanks,

Hardly worth the bother, just wondering. I have higher level toons that farm that place when it's dead. But if I see a group forming, or someone at the bottom of the stairs soloing, I'll move down to the warriors/raiders and then leave if I see them fight their way down there looking for mobs.
Old 12-12-2023, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfisher1963 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks,

Hardly worth the bother, just wondering. I have higher level toons that farm that place when it's dead. But if I see a group forming, or someone at the bottom of the stairs soloing, I'll move down to the warriors/raiders and then leave if I see them fight their way down there looking for mobs.
That's because you're a reasonable, conscientious person. We need more like you.

-Mcoy
Old 12-12-2023, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Next time put in a petition. The guides here are top notch and will handle the problem.