Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 12:28 AM
Sarnak

There are no American tanks in Baghdad
Old 01-23-2020, 04:46 AM
Planar Protector

Many of my friends who joined to play on Teal have quit since the merge. They were excited about experiencing classic Everquest again, not waiting in line for a chance at a group in lower guk or a spot in spectres.

There's nothing to do because everything is overcamped to hell.

The amount of trolls I encounter (and not the ones from Grobb) has vastly increased since the merge.

This merge fucking sucks.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many of my friends who joined to play on Teal have quit since the merge. They were excited about experiencing classic Everquest again, not waiting in line for a chance at a group in lower guk or a spot in spectres.

There's nothing to do because everything is overcamped to hell.

The amount of trolls I encounter (and not the ones from Grobb) has vastly increased since the merge.

This merge fucking sucks.
So can i have your stuff?
Old 01-23-2020, 07:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server is at 1045 online at primetime for a second evening suggesting 30% of the pre-merge pop is missing or were boxed.
Playing on 2 separate servers at the same time is not "boxing".
Old 01-23-2020, 09:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Technically it was, via patch notes. Do you have some issue with P99 staff? Seems like you take a shot at us every chance you get.
dont feed the trolls lol
Old 01-23-2020, 09:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dont feed the trolls lol
That could be a difficult proposition around here when 50% or more of the level 45+ toons on green are piloted by ill-mannered, ill-healthed "trolls."
Old 01-23-2020, 09:41 AM
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That could be a difficult proposition around here when 50% or more of the level 45+ toons on green are piloted by ill-mannered, ill-healthed "trolls."
currently imagining sickly trolls throwing a temper tantrum
Old 01-23-2020, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
50% or more of the level 45+ toons on green are piloted by ill-mannered, ill-healthed "trolls."
Don't be ridiculous.

Probably 95% (or more) of ALL the players on the servers are fine folks. It's just the loudest, most annoying voices that catch your attention.

And people who exaggerate, probably either because they aren't clever enough to realize the truth or because the truth doesn't suit them, don't make it any better.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe there was 1380 in game post merge Sunday evening suggesting that "30% of green server was boxing" is a myth and that it has indeed been a rapid population drop.
Aye, I def remember on Sunday closing in on 1400 (It may have popped over 1400 briefly but I wasn't monitoring numbers with any intent).
Old 01-23-2020, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furitor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First: Appreciate all you guys do for us Llandris + co. While I disagree with how things went down, I will always respect your work and time you've put into the project.

People can say it's boxed all you want, but half my friends list is missing and half my guild (just a casual guild not any raid guild) is missing from online.

The merge had a lot of my guildies really annoyed. Two of them I know went back to Blue (Consider Blue^tm! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^), but a few straight up haven't shown up after the merge. Our Discord hasn't been as active as last week and some of the people on there are playing something else.

Euro timezone is now even worse (I play about 5-6 hours into that zone due to my work schedule). 330~ online last night whereas the combined total I've seen the past week of Teal and Green was around 400-450 off peak (yes it does dip down to the 300s at times).

So your assumption of a 30% drop isn't far-fetched. Trolls on here would lead you to believe it's "boxed character", "green is failed because inflated numbers", etc. etc. But straight up people don't want to deal with 5+ hour waits at 40+ content even with groups popping up in zones you don't normally see them (yes CT has seen a few groups the past few nights who weren't just rubi farming).
Well then they can leave if they're not enjoying themselves. The server will survive just fine and they can come back post-Kunark if they want (assuming they are willing to go to the non-ZEM zones, because even post-Kunark those will always be overcrowded).
Closed Thread