Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 10:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Main article: Moral Mondays
The bills signed into law by McCrory and proposed legislation have been the target of ongoing "Moral Monday" civil disobedience protests, organized in part by local religious leaders[106][107] including William Barber II, head of the North Carolina chapter of the NAACP. Since the start of April 2013, more than 800 demonstrators have been arrested in the course of the protests,[108] and police have estimated weekly attendance at over 2,500.[109] Cited reasons for the protests include legislation recently passed or proposed changes to Medicaid, changes to voting regulations, school vouchers, and tax reform.[106][107] McCrory has criticized the protests as unlawful and a drain on state resources,[108] and has declined to meet with them,[107] later stating "outsiders are coming in and they're going to try to do to us what they did to Scott Walker in Wisconsin."[110] The vast majority of attendees are North Carolina residents.[111] McCrory claims to attend Moral Monday protests often, saying, "I go out in the crowd all of the time. Frankly, yesterday I went out and talked to several of them and they were not very respectful. They did not represent the majority of those who call themselves 'moral' by cussing me out, but that's the way things go sometimes."[112]

Abortion access
In July 2013 McCrory signed into law legislation which required abortion providers to meet the same standards as surgical centers, allowed health-care providers to decline to perform abortions, and prevented any public health-insurance policy from paying for abortions. Abortion-rights groups criticized McCrory, who had promised during his campaign that he would not sign new abortion restrictions. McCrory responded: "This law does not further limit access, and those who contend it does are more interested in politics than the health and safety of our citizens."[114] A WRAL fact check found that the legislation did break McCrory's campaign promise.[115] The day after McCrory signed the bill, he took a plate of chocolate-chip cookies to protesters. They were returned to him with a note saying, "Gov. McCrory, we'll take women's health care over cookies!"[116]

Duke Energy
Following a February 2, 2014, coal-ash spill that was the third-largest of its kind in US history, the US Attorney's Office opened a grand-jury investigation into Duke Energy and North Carolina regulators in McCrory's administration. McCrory had been an employee of Duke Energy for 28 years, and critics said his administration had intervened on Duke's behalf to settle lawsuits over environmental violations.[117][118] The US Attorney subpoenaed 23 officials of the McCrory administration and sought records of "investments, cash or other items of value" passed from Duke to McCrory administration officials.[119] Duke Energy was fined $99,111 for leaks from ponds at two power plants; the amount was part of a deal made by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources' secretary, John E. Skvarla III.[120]

In August 2014, McCrory announced that he had previously owned more than $10,000 in Duke Energy stock and that he sold the stock after the coal-ash spill without disclosing the sale in state ethics filings. His lawyer stated that the mistake was based on the lawyer's misunderstanding of the timeframe covered by the earlier disclosures.[121]
Old 05-17-2016, 10:31 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Gitem

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-17-2016, 10:31 PM
Banned

I know it behooves you ppl on welfare for pixels checks to keep the woman down working harder then you and at more risk, but ya'll need to screw your fucking heads on and wake the fuck up.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbard1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maerilith, you have LITERALLY 80 posts today. Cut the posting off like you cut your dick off pls.
Yeah it's time to have a cup of Tea to sip with my Estradiol and relax for bedtime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

G'night, luv u, ps dolphins r my spirit animal, I think u will be fine with them guiding you.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maerilith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it behooves you ppl on welfare for pixels checks to keep the woman down working harder then you and at more risk, but ya'll need to screw your fucking heads on and wake the fuck up.
Gender pay gap is a myth. The term you are looking for is gender earning gap, that is real.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:09 AM
Kobold

Who would have thought that a forum like this one would be less than progressive and accepting of something like trans?

I for one am shocked at how intolerant you all have been in this thread.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:44 AM
Sarnak

if i gotta shit, and the men's are occupied, im walking into the women's and dumping there. no shame. its not like women walk around with their cooch hanging out in there
Old 05-18-2016, 12:57 AM
Banned

fucking hate this attention whore tranny
Old 05-18-2016, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

let's start a pool on how many RnF threads Maerlith can derail into tranny discussions in the next month
Old 05-18-2016, 05:30 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to hammbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by maerilith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah it's time to have a cup of Tea to sip with my Estradiol and relax for bedtime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

G'night, luv u, ps dolphins r my spirit animal, I think u will be fine with them guiding you.
Seriously need to get help.
Closed Thread