Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

It's just sad they didn't make the change sooner to prevent all the shady chardok shenanigans and fake 60s.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

I for one couldn't care less about bards or RMT Chardok groups (was offered $5 per pull a few weeks back by some lvl 1 bard in the EC tunnel /ignore)....

Personally this just makes me more excited about the prospect of a new server where all these problems never manifest themselves in the first place. Will I be sad that the time I put into my characters here until that happens would be "wasted"? Not at all...

Playing, progressing, and the experience thereof is the reward, not having a bunch of pixels that literally mean nothing... having found p99 only a few months ago I would happily reroll my enchanter and start over knowing the exploits, hacks, RMT, shortcuts and other things that mar the server today have been greatly curtailed.

Server Staff - you wanna see a bunch of neck-beards really rage at you? Force "retire" characters on the 1 yr anniversary of hitting level 52 and impose trade caps that scale up as you level essentially making everything you have, plat included, No Drop once you hit 52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-08-2016, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's just sad they didn't make the change sooner to prevent all the shady chardok shenanigans and fake 60s.
Yeah. At least for subsequent servers it will be nice.

Honestly here it doesn't matter much.. damage has long since been done. But at least it generated some tears.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-08-2016, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

Having run an Ench and a Wiz through AE with just the intension of leveling them... I could feel there was something strange going on. My assumption was always RMT. The same dirtbag players day in and day out doing it for no reason.

I say no reason because what exactly are you saving all that plat for? You've been selling proxies everyday for over a year and you still need plat? For what? This is ALL you do! You clearly don't have fun at it either because these people were miserable. And oh boy did they get upset when you fucked up their "lists"... or you lagged on your stuns or you were afk just a moment too long. You were fucking with their livelihood. Never mind all the terrible players it released onto the raid scene. Glad it's over... all you AE junkies can suck it.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I kind of agree with JPN that they should maybe adjust this on a zone by zone basis. Make 25 the max number of AEable targets in Chardok, Hate, Sebilis only. Make future adjustments to other zones if necessary. There shouldn't be a problem with AEing a bunch of green mobs in an empty black burrow.
Or make the max a dynamic number tied to the number of players in the zone. Less than 10 people in zone? 100 max. Less than 20 people the max is 50. Less than 30 people the max is 25. Or something similar.

I do remember doing single group AE groups in Chardok on live but the number of mobs was probably never more than about 50. We also typically did this late at night when there wasn't other people in the zone so we didn't disrupt the zone or monopolize multiple camps.

There were others that sometimes did this as well but this was not a common activity. This was usually being done by people in raiding guilds with raid gear. Seeing as raiders were a tiny minority of the total amount of players and the number of raiders doing these groups was a minority of them..this was not widely done that I recall (not on my server at least).

All that being said I don't mind this change. The concept of a handful of players monopolizing a zone and selling "proxy" spots is really way beyond the spirit of the game. I think it could have been addressed in a better way to not be so broadly applied but even with the negative side effects I think it's a worthwhile change. Considering my monk is just hitting the level to be able to do Chardok I'm happy that I will have the opportunity to do normal XP groups there and get my own metal pipe for epic instead of being forced to pay for it.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:16 PM
Banned

God bless this. Less about the change to improve the chancre that is Blue and more about setting up a healthy environment for the next server,where this garbage won't ever happen
Old 09-08-2016, 04:53 PM
Banned

this will help with server load a lot

grats on the savings
Old 09-08-2016, 06:59 PM
Banned

I love Everquest and I prefer to eat blueberry muffins while in Freeport with my bros
Old 09-08-2016, 08:55 PM
Fire Giant

>5.5 years of Kunark+Velious.
>Blames Chardok for mass amounts of level 60s

son...
Old 09-08-2016, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaboo_Cleric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love Everquest and I prefer to eat blueberry muffins while in Freeport with my bros
If you're not eating Lemon Poppyseed muffins, you are failing life.
Closed Thread