Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
skinner box
this can be interpreted a lot of ways.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 12-21-2016, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

As much fun as I had with myself, the button's lire was overpowering and I felt compelled to press it. And press it.. And press it...

I was rewarded each time with a delicious little pellet of ecstasy. And so I pressed it. And pressed it... And pressed it some more.

I pressed that button until the pellets lost their sweetness, but still I pressed it. I pressed it... And I pressed it some more.

I pressed it until the pets turned sour, twisting my face in all manner of least flattering ways a face can twist, but still I pressed it. I pressed it.. And I pressed it some more...

I pressed it until it no longer granted me pelllets. It had run dry and my tummy now rumbled, but I refused to accept the truth of it and so inpressed it. I pressed it.. And I pressed it some more.

I grew weak and faint, delerious with need, but it would not sate me and so I pressed it. I pressed it.. And I pressed it some more...

My fingers grew numb, their pads wore raw and the button too, but still I pressed it. I pressed it.. And I pressed it some more...

I lay there pressing that button as the insidious waters of despair filled my little room and still, I pressed it. I pressed it... And I pressed it some more.

Until at long last fatigue took pity on me and drug me kicking and screaming beneath the surface. I cried out in silence as the chilling waters of despair filled my lungs and still I pressed it. I pressed it... I pressed it . . . until I could no more.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Character progression is the point of the game for the vast majority of players. Once max level and all vital AA's are achieved on Phinigel the only meaningful way to advance your character is raid loot. This is the driving force that keeps most people playing. I'd love to end this argument once and for all and just have the devs remove all raid loot from raid mobs for a month and see how much interest people have in "killing dragons with their pals" with no reward. I'd be AMAZED if you could get 50 people on the entire server that gave a shit about raiding with 0 loot opportunity or DKP/Cuck Council Points on the table.

MMORPG's are all about carrot on a stick. Always have been. You can't have all stick and no carrot and you can't have all carrot and no stick. Neither one of those options is fun. You need the right balance of both.
I will not disagree with you on that point, but I will argue that your approach is less than optimal in terms of maximizing enjoyment.

A person who gets SomeAwesomeLoot on their first raid will not value it nearly as much as person who gets SomeAwesomeLoot on their 100th raid. You agree with this to a degree since you say that WoW just gives everyone everything right away and that's a bad thing.

Now so far as a Loot Council goes, so far you've only bitched about things that went to Officers. Do you have all the numbers from the loot that was awarded to non-officers along with what you deem to be their relative values to each other so that you can demonstrably show that Officers are getting disproportionately more loot than Everyday Eddie raiders?
Old 12-21-2016, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As much fun as I had with myself, the button's lire was overpowering and I felt compelled to press it. And press it.. And press it...

I was rewarded each time with a delicious little pellet of ecstasy. And so I pressed it. And pressed it... And pressed it some more.

I pressed that button until the pellets lost their sweetness, but still I pressed it. I pressed it... And I pressed it some more.

I pressed it until the pets turned sour, twisting my face in all manner of least flattering ways a face can twist, but still I pressed it. I pressed it.. And I pressed it some more...

I pressed it until it no longer granted me pelllets. It had run dry and my tummy now rumbled, but I refused to accept the truth of it and so inpressed it. I pressed it.. And I pressed it some more.

I grew weak and faint, delerious with need, but it would not sate me and so I pressed it. I pressed it.. And I pressed it some more...

My fingers grew numb, their pads wore raw and the button too, but still I pressed it. I pressed it.. And I pressed it some more...

I lay there pressing that button as the insidious waters of despair filled my little room and still, I pressed it. I pressed it... And I pressed it some more.

Until at long last fatigue took pity on me and drug me kicking and screaming beneath the surface. I cried out in silence as the chilling waters of despair filled my lungs and still I pressed it. I pressed it... I pressed it . . . until I could no more.
*dabs eyes* what a beautiful soul u have

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 12-21-2016, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relbaic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But if you can't verify how can you claim it as fact?
I think we are going to need the DKP sheets of everyone involved and then I will give you my personal opinion on how badly JCR was screwed on a 0-10 scale.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think we are going to need the DKP sheets of everyone involved and then I will give you my personal opinion on how badly JCR was screwed on a 0-10 scale.
That sounds like a lot of work for RnF.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If I was a mod here, would of limited BDA that don't play anymore to one post per week.

/tell sirken you can make the forums great again
Old 12-21-2016, 06:51 PM
Banned

nice work here mm this checks out
Old 12-21-2016, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
get loot to progress your character or to help your friends get gear to progress their characters.
that's the part you seem to struggle with [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] you aren't happy seeing your friends and guildmates get loot that you think you deserve
Old 12-21-2016, 06:56 PM
Banned

I can't speak for how loot is going recently in BDA as I obviously haven't been there for a couple months. But I can tell you it's very likely chest or someone else will post a long list of loot as their proof that loot is distributed evenly. But they'll likely leave out that most of the stuff average members are getting is junk and if they are getting good shit it's most likely cause all the favorites have it already.

@Ravaged you're 100% correct that in a way it can feel more rewarding to get loot after many raids instead of right away. This goes along with what I was saying about the correct balance of carrot and stick. Everyone will have differing views on the right balance. I personally felt 4 months of very high attendance raiding with nothing but scrap loot while most officers who have raided roughly the same amount or less have multiple BiS is completely unacceptable and indefensible. It's textbook definition of a corrupt loot system.
Closed Thread