Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 10:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your weapon has a damage interval that it has a chance to hit in with each hit. Higher attack skews your average hit higher in that damage interval.

You won't be hitting harder, you'll just be hitting higher more often which increases your damage per second.
Gotcha, I think I misread the previous statement in that I thought he was suggesting that attack raises your damage done. This makes more sense.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

My 60 war with the old Precision disc was consistently top 10 dps on raid targets in Velious when I wasn't tanking. However this disc has changed now and I suspect it isn't as Uber as it used to be.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:57 AM
Kobold

Hey Kich, did you setup logging and GamParse? You can track DPS this way and it might be cool to add to your stream if you are working on raising a weapon type.
Old 06-10-2020, 11:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimstrike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Kich, did you setup logging and GamParse? You can track DPS this way and it might be cool to add to your stream if you are working on raising a weapon type.
I have not, unfortunately at level 43 I've hit a slight wall. There's not many great things to solo at 43, all of my options look like just grinding through green mobs and I'm not sure I have it in me to sit there for like 10+ hours every level [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] . There doesn't seem to be many level 32-33 mobs near a zoneline that I have access to.

Trying to decide if I want to keep it going, drop the solo aspect, or start a new character.
Old 06-10-2020, 11:32 AM
Sarnak

saw a warrior with sow pots kiting with runedoak bow around this lvl. He made sure to keep his health in berserk mode to wear would get crippling blows here and there, A little more work , but solo folks are already used to work ��
Old 06-10-2020, 11:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robersonroger38 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
saw a warrior with sow pots kiting with runedoak bow around this lvl. He made sure to keep his health in berserk mode to wear would get crippling blows here and there, A little more work , but solo folks are already used to work ��
It's getting a little off-topic but, a core tenet of what I'm doing with the character is not trading with people and only using gear I find, craft, or quest for.

So unfortunately sow pots are out. Runed Oak Bow I could probably camp though. The issue isn't so much that I can't kill things, I just wanted to find something that was still blue that wasn't unreasonable for me to try.

Once I can get to level 45 or so I think level 35 guards will be ideal, I'm worried they're just a tad strong right now. Maybe I'll try them out though if I can find a solo pull. I've thought about trying Sol A gnomes but I'm concerned that any runner that I can't quite put down could potentially cause a train and its not easy to get out of there. Every zone I've looked at just feels kinda bad.
Old 06-10-2020, 11:47 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's getting a little off-topic but, a core tenet of what I'm doing with the character is not trading with people and only using gear I find, craft, or quest for.

So unfortunately sow pots are out. Runed Oak Bow I could probably camp though. The issue isn't so much that I can't kill things, I just wanted to find something that was still blue that wasn't unreasonable for me to try.

Once I can get to level 45 or so I think level 35 guards will be ideal, I'm worried they're just a tad strong right now. Maybe I'll try them out though if I can find a solo pull. I've thought about trying Sol A gnomes but I'm concerned that any runner that I can't quite put down could potentially cause a train and its not easy to get out of there. Every zone I've looked at just feels kinda bad.
in WK maybe? You smashed guards before solo.
Guard McCluskey lvl 36 Guard Donlan lvl 30 two static spawns but at night the wander (makes for a good time to split). They drop swords worth plat and a Guard Bracelet. Turn the bracelets into Capt Linarius in NK for XP and sell-able loot. The quest makes this kill good way past the level range of the lower guard. Increases good guard faction lowers evil Qeynos faction.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Years of melee parsing end game Velious content with primal avatar has shown this average:

Rogue (135 dps) > Warrior (110 dps) > Ranger/Monk (85 dps) > Paladin (50 dps) > Shadowknight (45 dps)

The main take away is that monks, while considered a dps class by many, are in fact not very good dps - even with the very best gear. Warriors are the clear second for melee dps.
Outside of tracking then, what value does a Ranger bring to a raid situation if their DPS is only middle of the road?

Ranger is one of my favorite classes and I plan to reroll one eventually. They get Dual Wield, Double Attack and Kick, and two okay DoT's late game as well (Drones of Doom and Immolate), and the fact that their DPS can match a Monk's is surprising to me, but they still fall short of a Warrior, a class that's seemingly meant more for Tanking than it is for damage output.

Does a Rangers Kick eventually get the ability to stun and interrupt spells like a Warriors?
Old 06-10-2020, 03:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Outside of tracking then, what value does a Ranger bring to a raid situation if their DPS is only middle of the road?

Ranger is one of my favorite classes and I plan to reroll one eventually. They get Dual Wield, Double Attack and Kick, and two okay DoT's late game as well (Drones of Doom and Immolate), and the fact that their DPS can match a Monk's is surprising to me, but they still fall short of a Warrior, a class that's seemingly meant more for Tanking than it is for damage output.

Does a Rangers Kick eventually get the ability to stun and interrupt spells like a Warriors?
Honestly given that raids aren't player capped, playing a non-raid-ideal class isn't a huge huge deal. I played a druid when I raided, I still participated in every raid.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a bunch of single guard spawns in Steamfont. Might also be some doable guard spawns in HHK, though those may have greened out by 43. I did Sol A a bit and it's good when it works, but is a little dicey at times. Probably not worth risking for strictly solo play.
Closed Thread