Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-15-2023, 11:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Were there ever official rules on live back in classic for things like this? I remember killing mobs like mitty for the gold ring etc regardless of anyone camping it and never getting into trouble aside from maybe someone just getting mad. I get why list is a thing but technically AC is not a list item anymore, but people still respect that spawn. Kinda goes for Quillmane too.

Even if AC in Sro is not a static spawn, you would think that it would be respected like Quillmane is in SK.
The FTE message it gives out indicates its a "first-to-FTE" mob. Quillmane doesn't give a message when FTE'd. Any mob in the game that gives an FTE message is a mob to be raced for, not camped. That's why the FTE message goes out- it makes it clear to the zone who won the rights to kill the mob. The major difference between QM and Sro AC is there is a method to spawn Quillmane where a player can actively do work to make him happen. AC just happens. Or it doesn't.

What exactly would you say would give you the right to the "Sro AC camp" if it was a camp? That would be impossible to police, since to hold a camp you have to be actively killing placeholders and there's no placeholder for Sro AC. What would the rules be? First 30+ toon to park their kiester in Sro and /ooc "camping AC"?
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 08-17-2023, 10:47 AM
Sarnak

hey, you redacted snaggletooths don't want instancing.

Here you go. Have fun.
Old 08-17-2023, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Fear not: In a few months when Quarm launches, the zones will be plenty empty for a little bit. I look forward to it!
Old 08-17-2023, 02:58 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The FTE message it gives out indicates its a "first-to-FTE" mob. Quillmane doesn't give a message when FTE'd. Any mob in the game that gives an FTE message is a mob to be raced for, not camped. That's why the FTE message goes out- it makes it clear to the zone who won the rights to kill the mob. The major difference between QM and Sro AC is there is a method to spawn Quillmane where a player can actively do work to make him happen. AC just happens. Or it doesn't.

What exactly would you say would give you the right to the "Sro AC camp" if it was a camp? That would be impossible to police, since to hold a camp you have to be actively killing placeholders and there's no placeholder for Sro AC. What would the rules be? First 30+ toon to park their kiester in Sro and /ooc "camping AC"?
I am curious how the AC actually spawned in Sro and OOT in real classic.
Old 08-17-2023, 07:31 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am curious how the AC actually spawned in Sro and OOT in real classic.
After reading a bit, the OOT AC was on a 24 min timer and had a PH. The one in Sro seemed to have a PH also on a spawn timer. So why is it so unclassic here?
Old 08-17-2023, 10:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
After reading a bit, the OOT AC was on a 24 min timer and had a PH. The one in Sro seemed to have a PH also on a spawn timer. So why is it so unclassic here?
Classic PH is probably griefable by killing at the wrong time of day.
Old 08-18-2023, 05:01 PM
Banned

I can say that I definitely remember the sro AC being almost fable-like in it's rareness. Here it spawns multiple times a day. Something seems off there.

I also do not remember the oot AC having a non-roaming spawn\ph, or there being lines of people waiting to camp it because it was so simple.

For that matter, I don't really understand why they ever took jboots out of najena and made it a quest that didn't involve najena at all. Great way to kill a dungeon.
Old 08-20-2023, 11:42 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can say that I definitely remember the sro AC being almost fable-like in it's rareness. Here it spawns multiple times a day. Something seems off there.

I also do not remember the oot AC having a non-roaming spawn\ph, or there being lines of people waiting to camp it because it was so simple.

For that matter, I don't really understand why they ever took jboots out of najena and made it a quest that didn't involve najena at all. Great way to kill a dungeon.
Taking out Jboots from Najena and Rubi from CT were two of the biggest mistakes they made. None of the other Rubi aside from the BP did anything...how is that even OP?

Also, the AC in OOT was a roamer with a cyclops PH. It was never meant to be a static spawn with a 6 min timer. So much for keeping it classic.
Old 08-21-2023, 06:22 AM
Orc

Quote:
Taking out Jboots from Najena and Rubi from CT were two of the biggest mistakes they made. None of the other Rubi aside from the BP did anything...how is that even OP?

Also, the AC in OOT was a roamer with a cyclops PH. It was never meant to be a static spawn with a 6 min timer. So much for keeping it classic.
^This.

I never understood either of these moves. The wife and I started playing EQ at release.

Side note: We didn't know one another, met in game and have been married for 18 years, but that's another story. I got the most amazing rare spawn and drop ever. A bit of feelgood in the rants and flames forum.

Back to the topic: I believe the best way to run the AC is spawn is to have it be a random spawn (okay, yes, at night and in the sandy area) based off the trash spawn cycle, same as the SGs in Oasis, North and South Ro. Absolutely make it random and a "worked spawn," to make it harder to dominate or control. It's nearly always true of nearly any spawn, that a guild or group can purposely do so, that's up to the players and devs to police.

Want Journeyman's Boots? Fine, go work the spawn for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours, to force the spawn cycle. Each night, keep forcing the spawn cycle and hope. What? No spawn? Welcome to Everquest.

There are many things in the P1999 version that are anything but "vanilla." That said, I do genuinely appreciate the existence of P1999, thus that is not meant in an insulting manner. Their claim is something to the effect of "the closest to original...."

Just for grins, there is a "vanilla" style UI someone made. It's here on the forums. It looks very good. Stone UI
Old 08-21-2023, 09:35 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^This.

I never understood either of these moves. The wife and I started playing EQ at release.

Side note: We didn't know one another, met in game and have been married for 18 years, but that's another story. I got the most amazing rare spawn and drop ever. A bit of feelgood in the rants and flames forum.

Back to the topic: I believe the best way to run the AC is spawn is to have it be a random spawn (okay, yes, at night and in the sandy area) based off the trash spawn cycle, same as the SGs in Oasis, North and South Ro. Absolutely make it random and a "worked spawn," to make it harder to dominate or control. It's nearly always true of nearly any spawn, that a guild or group can purposely do so, that's up to the players and devs to police.

Want Journeyman's Boots? Fine, go work the spawn for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours, to force the spawn cycle. Each night, keep forcing the spawn cycle and hope. What? No spawn? Welcome to Everquest.

There are many things in the P1999 version that are anything but "vanilla." That said, I do genuinely appreciate the existence of P1999, thus that is not meant in an insulting manner. Their claim is something to the effect of "the closest to original...."

Just for grins, there is a "vanilla" style UI someone made. It's here on the forums. It looks very good. Stone UI
A lot of things here are simply what they pick and choose to be classic. Also every zone seems to have different rules, especially in the beginning with list camps. Also outdoor vs indoor camps and what you can and cannot claim. For example, I was leveling with a group in CB making our way to the throne room. I was literally pulling a path to it when two Kingdom members just go in and start PL'ing. When I petitioned we were denied because they got there first even though we were clearing to it. I'm not sure if rading works the same with quakes and if groups/guild skip over each other when the other is fighting but just make everything FFA and don't police it.