Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 08-21-2023, 02:42 PM
Banned

geared Wizards are more OP than a naked necro

naked mages are more open than both
Old 08-22-2023, 12:13 AM
Orc

Lampolo: A person who has no idea on how to play any of the classes they knock.
Old 08-22-2023, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Bad post is bad enough I’m hesitant to even reply.

I will say this: good luck making any competitive raid progress without necro twitches, necro flop rez potential, mage mod rods and mage coth.

Beyond that, every class you mentioned can be a hell of a lot of fun to play.

The best parts of this game are found levels 1-59 and found outside of raids.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-22-2023, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best parts of this game are found levels 1-59 and found outside of raids.
^^^
Old 08-22-2023, 11:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Magicians, Necromancers, Rangers, Shadow Knights, Paladins
These classes are the best at nothing and maybe underwhelming when compared to other classes late game.

Druid’s
Starting a druid to make platinum is a mistake. Earning platinum by porting other players around is underwhelming compared to other ways of making platinum including simply xping in dungeons.

Bard’s
Nobody wants a Bard’s unless they need a substitute enchanter, a kite or a seizure. Incredibly bad gameplay.
What? Lol. Very uninformed post.

Magician is a very easy first class for someone because they don't need gear, and their pets are very powerful.

Paladin are the best group tank for dungeons. They have Pacify, Root, Heals and Snap Aggro. Would much rather a Paladin tank for dungeon than Warrior.

Necromancers have the best charming toolkit for undead. pacify / feign death / lifetap / tap over time. They can solo HS easier than an enchanter can.

Bard is very powerful in the right hands. Absolutely necessary on raids for melee buffs, mana regen, resist songs.
Old 08-22-2023, 12:08 PM
Sarnak

The sentiment in this thread that mag and nec are a great choice for someone who wants to casually solo I can agree with. Good points.

I love Druids, not knocking them, they are max raid support and are underrated in groups. They are one of the main reasons rangers suck. I don't think it's good advice to start a Druid to make platinum that's all. I see this advice a lot and its bad.

Listing what spells or abilities a class has means nothing. Can you all stop trying to mislead noobs with technical vagrancies. Stop listing a bunch of random shit, might as well throw in dwarf roll.

I am not raid centric. When I play this game it's mostly a mix of farming in duos and trios between raids. I enjoy xping as much as anything. I like to xp like I farm. Max efficiency. When it comes to xp, none of the classes I listed are S teir. The best XP combinations from duo+ are as follows. enc/clr, enc/clr/war, enc/clr/war/mnk, enc/clr/war/mnk/rog the last spot is debatable imo, the rest are not. This is especially true before the xp penalties are lifted.
Old 08-22-2023, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Listing what spells or abilities a class has means nothing. Can you all stop trying to mislead noobs with technical vagrancies. Stop listing a bunch of random shit, might as well throw in dwarf roll.
Harmony and Bind Sight on a class with SoW, Track, and long range attacks, not to mention two forms of CC that stack, snare and root...those are not technical vagaries. Sneak pulling is no longer possible, which only adds to the value of Harmony, especially in the duos/trios where it's easy to become overwhelmed by a bad pull and/or pathing adds.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/a...p/t-65483.html

Quote:
I am not raid centric. When I play this game it's mostly a mix of farming in duos and trios between raids. I enjoy xping as much as anything. I like to xp like I farm. Max efficiency. When it comes to xp, none of the classes I listed are S teir.
Bard is S tier for xp.
Old 08-22-2023, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard is S tier for xp.
Yes by them selves swarm kiting and maybe that 6th slot in a group after the xp penalty is gone.
Old 08-22-2023, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

I don’t think you’ve ever grouped with a good bard.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-22-2023, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Bard + necro is all you need to heal 95% of single group XP stuff.

Hope this helps.