Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Kobold

Default For those of you playing via phone tether...

I need your help. I am trying to connect via metro pcs phone tether and im getting 1017d and I think ive narrowed it down to my cell phone being considered an "open proxy" between myself and the internet ...(obviously) but this is causing my 1017 problem. My computer is virus free, my petiton is unanswered and the people that metro pcs source out to overseas had no idea what an open proxy even was so im at a dead end and wanted to reach out in the general community in hopes of someone with a similar problem found a workaround.

Prior to this post and my petition on these fourms I did search every 1017 related thread as well as posted in the technical support forum but those have not lead me to a resolution.

Please help!!

Link to my technical support forum post: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=97787
Last edited by Netherzul; 02-15-2013 at 12:27 AM..
Old 02-14-2013, 10:50 PM
Aviak

You could start by telling us what OS the phone is running and what app you are tethering with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherzul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I need your help. I am trying to connect via metro pcs phone tether and im getting 1017d and I think ive narrowed it down to my cell phone being considered an "open proxy" between myself and the internet ...(obviously) but this is causing my 1017 problem. My computer is virus free, my petiton is unanswered and the people that metro pcs source out to overseas had no idea what an open proxy even was so im at a dead end and wanted to reach out in the general community in hopes of someone with a similar problem found a workaround.

Prior to this post and my petition on these fourms I did search every 1017 related thread as well as posted in the technical support forum but those have not lead me to a resolution.

Please help!!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Kobold

The phone is android (galaxy s3...) and I am tethering via an option in settings to "turn tethering on".

Sorry if I miss specific details but ask like Muzyn and I'll gladly fill in some blanks.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could start by telling us what OS the phone is running and what app you are tethering with?
I have attempted your suggestion...eagerly at that but with that being said, it did not work. I am about to copy my EQ folder onto a flash drive...re-install EQ here as well as dropping it on another desktop to see if I can load from another PC and / or a fresh install. I am trying to remain skeptical (but hopeful?).
Old 02-15-2013, 12:27 AM
Kobold

I've just marked off a clean install as a possible fix to my problem and unfortunately...it did not succeed. Still hitting a brick wall with 1017...

HALP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-15-2013, 07:02 AM
Planar Protector

I tried asking you in your tech support thread if you'd attempted to run EQ using the tether on another PC, or if you'd tried running EQ on your current PC using a standard internet connection (not tethered). This will help to narrow down the problem, giving us insight into whether or not the problem is with your PC, the tethering, or what.

I rarely make suggestions in the tech boards without reason - and if i'm taking shots in the dark, I'll say so. Please give this a shot and let us know the results in your tech board thread. thanks!

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 02-15-2013, 07:34 AM
Banned

I suggest waiting for your IP Exemption. Tethering is like, borderline shady. Because why else would you need one when it only takes a few days to get an IP Exemption now? I wish they could find a way to prevent tethering completely.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:37 AM
Planar Protector

He could be a hipster playing in Starbucks 10 metres from where he lives nursing an expensive coffee...

But yeah, shady shit really - probably "boxer's choice" for getting around IP exemptions :/
Old 02-15-2013, 08:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tethering is like, borderline shady. Because why else would you need one when it only takes a few days to get an IP Exemption now? I wish they could find a way to prevent tethering completely.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tethering is like, borderline shady.
My guildie uses his phone because it is his only source of internet.
Closed Thread