Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 04:11 AM
Sarnak

I play cleric, I stop healing them. If they ask why, I say "sorry was not watching as im trying to loot, since someone is looting EVERYTHING"
Old 10-31-2019, 04:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albanwr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play cleric, I stop healing them. If they ask why, I say "sorry was not watching as im trying to loot, since someone is looting EVERYTHING"
Vigilante justice
sane and normal, right?

I didn't know pixels were so valuable that they're worth letting other players die and lose time off their life that they invested in the game.

Maybe say, Hey can we get some loot too? I noticed you're looting everything.
Nahh fuck it let them die and laugh at them.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 10-31-2019 at 04:14 AM..
Old 10-31-2019, 04:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vigilante justice
sane and normal, right?
It gets the point across. You can't talk to these people and its not as if it happens every group.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:18 AM
Planar Protector

It's sad and scary that people refuse to find a positive solution.

I'm not saying greedy people should be allowed rampant but allowing harm to befall them seems like an unhealthy solution.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:39 AM
Planar Protector

I'm gonna meet you guys in the middle between passive aggressive and straight out up front:

First you sneak behind their back, sending catty tells to the other group mates with a bit of banter to get them on board.

Hopefully at this stage one of your groupmates, preferably the leader will confront them.

If not, you need to make a fairly innocuous comment about how either they have looted a lot, or even better one of the groupmates which responded well to your bitching didn't get to loot much yet.

At this point your group should proably explode into petty bickering before dogpiling onto the overlooted.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:17 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No such thing as greedy players, there are only greedy people.

Autosplit is broken and doesn't work correctly where as the split command does.
If you can't handle people not using autosplit maybe everquest isn't the game for you.

checks out: Date: Oct 2019
What's broken about autosplit? As you saw, I'm quite new to this.

I'm talking about a group where the leader posts a message saying autosplit is part of the loot rules everytime someone joins. There are a few players who don't turn it on until someone in the group takes the time to observe them, determine they're not autosplitting, and ask them to turn it on. Invariably, this is not a simple accident - these are the same players taking the lion's share of the loot.

As for...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albanwr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I stop healing them
I like this. You take my pixels, I take your pixels. Directly asking greedy players to be fair doesn't work. That's appealing to a sense of fairness they demonstrably don't have. If greedy players valued fairness, they wouldn't be taking all the loot in the first place.

Hoarding loot has a profoundly negative impact on your fellow players. Suffering a substantial negative impact yourself when you engage in negative behavior should be the norm.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dogpile
This is good too, but risky, as I've seen at least one group dissolve in similar circumstances. In the worst case you might find yourself on the wrong end of a train.
Last edited by strawman; 10-31-2019 at 05:24 AM..
Old 10-31-2019, 05:29 AM
Aviak

Come to think of it - is there a third-party utility that parses the logs and tracks how much each party member has looted? That seems like an easy way to impose some objective fairness on FFA looting.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:30 AM
Planar Protector

I always ask for people to turn autosplit off. If it can't split evenly it converts it down to silver/copper and then splits it evenly, which just leaves everyone with a bunch of silver and copper weighing them down.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every group seems to have them - one player who loots 50% of the bodies or shamelessly jumps the line in alpha looting ("oops, I forgot the alphabet"). They're the players who don't turn on autosplit when everyone else does.

How do you handle greedy players in your groups?
Target player
/d

challenge him to a duel. let ooc know you've challenged this person to a duel and that they're a COWARD if they don't accept or CEASE their scumbaggery
Old 10-31-2019, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always ask for people to turn autosplit off. If it can't split evenly it converts it down to silver/copper and then splits it evenly, which just leaves everyone with a bunch of silver and copper weighing them down.
Thats not how autosplit works, and not why you end up with a bunch of small change.

Autosplit doesn't break down larger coins in to small ones.

What happens, is it divides up each type of coin evenly between each group member, with the left overs going to whoever looted.

So lets say a hill giant drops 35 plat, 46 gold, 200 silver and 15 copper in a full group.

Most group members receive:

5 plat, 7 gold, 33 silver, 2 copper.

This leaves over 5 plat, 4 gold, 2 silver, 3 copper which the looter adds to his share of autosplit, giving him:

10 plat, 13 gold, 35 silver and 5 copper.

The reason you end up with a bunch of silver and copper is most mobs tend to drop a dozen or so each of silver and copper, but generally half a dozen plat or gold. Often there won't be enough plat (or gold depending on level of group) to be shared between the group so instead the looter gets ALL of it. Thats why autosplit is 'unfair'.
Closed Thread