Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Default Enchanter agro in general

Here are a list of a few things that seem off with regards to Enchanter aggro.

Most of it has been mentioned before but I wanted to compile the list somewhere:

Tash: This entire line of spells does not seem to cause as much agro as it used to on live. I can cast tash on a planes mob as it's being pulled and the mob doesn't even flinch.

Chanter Nukes: I can do absolutely nothing to a mob till it's half dead but if I land a nuke at around 50% (in a 3-4 group raid) the mob runs away from our 2 SK tanks, passes all the wizards and clerics doing complete heals and starts pounding on me as if I just dropped a triple ice comet or something. I know our spell has a an instant stun component but let's be serious! It usually takes an SK some serious effort to peel the mob off me after that. If the nuke gets resisted, forget about it. I'm either the main tank for the rest of the fight or a floor pizza. Our nuke agro is boosted way past epic proportions.

Alliance line: We all know about it, I know the devs are working on it, just posting it to keep it all together. If your an enchanter, DO NOT try to cast this on anyone unless your intent is to pull a mob.

Illusion factions: Either Earth Elemental or Spirit Wolf (not certain which anymore) should make you able to purchase from the Brownie merchants in Lfay but neither work.

I have not had as many issues with slow and dot, the agro with those seems okay to me but others might want to comment. I do not get to use those spells too often lately. Cripple seems to be okay though.
Last edited by guineapig; 03-04-2010 at 01:06 PM..
Old 03-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Large Bat

I agree with the Nukes and Alliance parts
Old 03-05-2010, 05:42 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tash: This entire line of spells does not seem to cause as much agro as it used to on live. I can cast tash on a planes mob as it's being pulled and the mob doesn't even flinch.
I have to disagree. Tashania, the 44 enc tash causes alot of agro - alot more than our earlier Tash. Our earlier tash was like no agro at all, but the 44 tash is.

I have to agree on Enchanter nuke - its insane agro. And agree on Alliance too. Havent tested the illusion stuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-06-2010, 02:08 AM
Developer

A fix has been made for the Alliance line of spells, pending patching to live.

Haynar
Old 03-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

We'll check into tash.

There is no added hate to enchanter nukes. =(

And we'll have to check into a possible source fix for wolf/elemental as "brownie" isn't a base faction. However, the alliance fix may resolve some of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Haynar
Oh HELL yeah!!! Thank you!
Old 03-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Well, actually casting Alliance on anything does not yield aggro as the spell does not take hold to begin with. Benevolence however (in the same spell series), does indeed cause aggro.

As for purchasing spells from Brownie merchant, well....you have more than enough tools to do so, especially as an Enchanter without any trouble. I just got mine yesterday, took all of about 1min to "set the stage" so to speak.

The only problem I've found with the L44 Tash is that it cannot overwrite itself.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Last edited by Scrooge; 03-06-2010 at 03:09 PM..
Old 03-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Haynar
Will the same go for bard's faction song?
Old 03-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Developer

I dont know about bards. I just started looking at some of the bard issues last night. So I will check on that as I figure out how bards work.

Haynar
Old 03-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the update guys!
Guess I'm glad im getting my solro alliance rod quest done after all.

Yes, I should have clarified that I was referring to the earlier tash spell, working on the lvl 44 tash quest today actually.
Closed Thread