Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 01:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya you're using strafe run and scrolled out 3rd person view. I feel strafing is way too powerful to avoid mob Melee on this server.

But bard kiting is confirmed classic.
Classic or not.. I feel one player should not be able to clear a whole zone.. I just don't get how anyone other than bards doing the same shit can defend this.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Just in time for the 1 thread a week about how shitty bard aoe is
Old 10-08-2015, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic or not.. I feel one player should not be able to clear a whole zone.. I just don't get how anyone other than bards doing the same shit can defend this.
I feel one class should not be able to heal a player for 6000 HP with 400 mana when another class only heals for 900 for 400 mana.

I feel one class should not be able to decrease a mobs DPS by 50% with a single debuff when other players single debuffs reduce mob DPS by less than 5%.

Etc etc

Some classes are good at some things. Bards happen to be very good at mass killing non-casting, non-summoning, small hit box mobs.

Bards also happen to be horrible DPS, mediocre tanks, and relegated to buff bots feeding mana or stacking DS/Resists on raids. Pros on Cons of the class.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel one class should not be able to heal a player for 6000 HP with 400 mana when another class only heals for 900 for 400 mana.

I feel one class should not be able to decrease a mobs DPS by 50% with a single debuff when other players single debuffs reduce mob DPS by less than 5%.

Etc etc

Some classes are good at some things. Bards happen to be very good at mass killing non-casting, non-summoning, small hit box mobs.

Bards also happen to be horrible DPS, mediocre tanks, and relegated to buff bots feeding mana or stacking DS/Resists on raids. Pros on Cons of the class.
WTB Fading Memories. But yeah, raid wise just buff bots. Lots of fun in groups though, although you always feel like your working way harder than the rest of your group lol.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Fading Memories was incredible during PoP. Wasn't too OP for its cost, very balanced and made the class far more fun to play as a puller.

Gave me a reason to stack FT on a bard.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:40 PM
Fire Giant

Im sure glad someone finally brought this issue up. I think it would be nerfed if more people were aware of this problem. Thanks Revelation for finally shedding light on this issue that has been ignored for so long. The last dozen posts clearly just werent enough to get the word out.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This almost .....maybe border line needs to be move to R&F.
Considering the topic, the age of the forum and servers, and the approach taken - yes, it's a troll post. Seriously, the time to do anything about bards kiting swarms for free in a non-classic manner was years ago.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:

Etc etc

Top tier response.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

The only playable classes should be Fighter, Cleric, Thief, Magic User, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling for a true classic experience.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with Daldaen.

I do not mean to bash or put down the OP with my first post, but ya. This doesn't belong in Server Chat.

This horse has literally been dead for years.