Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 07:14 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Brand New Player to Everquest and to P99.

Hey guys, I go by the name Plaximos or Plax. I'm a 23 year old male criminology college student from Pennsylvania. I love to play MMO's though and I also love RPG's as well. I have played many modern and old school MMO's but have never actually sat down and tried Everquest. I know EQ is both a challenging and yet rewarding game and I really want to get immersed in this great game, so that is why I decided to come to project 99.

I also stream MMO's and RPG's on my twitch too and plan to start streaming some EQ P99 on my variety days that I have for my channel.

I prefer to solo in EQ as much as possible from start until later on when I need/want a group.

I wondered what classes are good for soloing in EQ and wanted to know if anyone could post the classes that would be able to solo in the game.

Also is there anything I can download to improve character or environmental models or improve graphics. If so can someone link that.

I look forward to meeting new people and having fun in P99.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:32 PM
Large Rat

I found this link to choosing a character helpful.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Loraen%...election_Guide
Old 10-19-2018, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

Solo classes for a beginner with no twinking are probably going to be: necro, enchanter, druid

Enchanter has potential to be the strongest, but also challenging. Necro is fairly easy to play and you can solo 1-60. Druid is slow at the start, but picks up steam around level 14 or so when you get your first animal charm. Druid is also a good money maker for selling ports at 29+.

A lot of other classes can solo, but are much more difficult than the ones listed above unless you have money to twink. Also, shaman are great soloers late game, but not so smooth until maybe 40+
Old 10-19-2018, 09:45 PM
Kobold

It's also possible to solo on all the hybrid classes. If you plan to stream your play, one of these might give people more to watch as they melee and are very active. Whatever you pick, I highly recommend that you go over the class race deity options and pick something that feels right.

If you dig through the forum's technical section, you can find a remastered textures pack and various custom user interfaces. Anything you'd find in there will be allowed on the p99 server.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:47 PM
Sarnak

I think shaman is a good pick for the play style you seek. Don’t listen to the naysayers that think you HAVE to be twinkles for the class. You can solo 1-60 but are also valuable in groups.

There are slightly higher res models you can apply, I use them and it smooths out the armor and weapons a bit.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:16 PM
Sarnak

Also, welcome! This is an amazing community of players. I’ll try and help you out a bit if I can, or send a /tell to Dafne in game.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgo86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think shaman is a good pick for the play style you seek. Don’t listen to the naysayers that think you HAVE to be twinkles for the class. You can solo 1-60 but are also valuable in groups.
That's true. You can solo with a lot of classes, it's just that some will have significantly more downtime between kills compared to the more efficient soloers. A naked necro can kill blues all day long with little downtime. A hybrid with bronze armor and a 50p EC weapon can solo, but is gonna get beat up a bit and need more rest breaks, that's all.

A melee first character that can do pretty well is monk. The light weight of being naked doesnt hurt their AC too much and mend (when it works) gets them back in the action faster.

Maybe warrior and rogue are the only true no-go classes for soloing, unless you can swing a fungi, which is unlikely for a first character.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:38 AM
Kobold

Well, coming from someone who plays many versions of Everquest, from different sources of the classic era's of the game, you've came to the right place. I've supported a lot of companies for the sake of this game (mostly in its vintage forms) with bug logging as well as financial donation. This is the most boldly accurate, risk4reward, fulfilling, exciting, and compelling way to play Everquest, it seems to go something like this- the older the content that a server is based on and the more accurate it was to how it actually functioned while live many years ago - the better the game truly is. P99 and P02' are the only forms of Everquest a new, or experienced player truly needs. Nothing against modern live EQ or their tlp's, heck I even still play them and subscribe, just to support this game in the modern world. This is a game you grow to love no matter how crazy the struggles you've endured may make you feel at times. In conclusion, coming from someone who's seen all the options, classic Everquest is the most meaningful Everquest, and this is simply the best/most realistic version of experiencing it now and in the future. P2002 is the king for PoP-era EQ and this is the king of classic/kunark/V.

The people on modern live who complain about P99 simply cannot handle its original features, although they often use other excuses. Everquest is not meant to be by any means easy, or a casual game at first glance. It's an often unforgiving adventure game where you learn your place in a dangerous universe, honing skills, and becoming more powerful to taste more of the lands
Last edited by Mattius; 10-20-2018 at 01:45 AM.. Reason: text edit
Closed Thread