Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-14-2018, 05:04 PM
Aviak

Default Crashing every single time I zone.

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? Every single time I zone when the server has 1000+ players on it, I crash without fail.

I never have this issue when playing during off hours when server population is low. How can I fix this?
Old 10-14-2018, 05:18 PM
Aviak

Forgot to add that I already have the loading screen disabled.

My play so far today... Including the initial logging in, I've hit up the "loading, please wait..." 5 times while going to retrieve my corpse that is 4 zones away. I've crashed on every single "loading, please wait" with the exception of 1. These means I have to close EQ.exe through the task manager and restart the entire client in order to try to get back into the game.

Seriously, how can I fix this? The game is pretty much unplayable at this point.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:50 AM
Planar Protector

These are all typical signs of poor bandwidth or a poor connection on your end. Server population is probably unrelated - it's more likely that P99's peak hours are also the hours in which your LAN's bandwidth is more congested than usual. Try resetting your router, changing your wifi password, connecting directly via ethernet cable, or all of the above.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These are all typical signs of poor bandwidth or a poor connection on your end. Server population is probably unrelated - it's more likely that P99's peak hours are also the hours in which your LAN's bandwidth is more congested than usual. Try resetting your router, changing your wifi password, connecting directly via ethernet cable, or all of the above.
Thx, will do.