Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 10:01 AM
Aviak

Default Back after 13 years! Love P99!

Just wanna say hello! I started 2 weeks ago, and everyone has been AMAZING on this server. I was gone from EQ for like 13 or 14 years since I think around Dragons of Norrath expansion. Played from when Kunark was very first released got game from gamestop in La Mirada, Ca haha. Still remember. Well anyways I'm very happy to be back, and brought friends with me. Think our group is going to be Warrior, Cleric, Ench, Shaman, Monk, Rogue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

See you guys around in game! And super shout out to this server for being so friendly and helpful. It's incredible. Like no other game I've ever played [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Satoshibtc, 21 Barbarian Warrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-19-2018, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

Awesome! It's great that you brought friends too. Did they play back in the day also? Or new to the game?
Old 10-20-2018, 01:47 AM
Kobold

Welcome, there's not a cleaner or more thorough place to pick for classic Everquest!
Old 10-21-2018, 02:33 AM
Aviak

Thanks guys!

So of the 6 of us, 2 of us were in high end raiding guilds for long time, 1 was a more casual player, and 3 are new [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We're probably going Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter, Monk, Shaman, then for last either Druid, Rogue, or something else ? Any recommendations on the 6th player's class? That's my girlfriend and she hasn't started yet because she can't get p99 to work on Mac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] She posted about her issue in the technical discussion section for forums if anyone has any insight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-21-2018, 07:26 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

For the Mac issue, this is from the “Mac Users Click Here” link/thread in the Getting Started Guide. Thanks to Vile this will have her up and running in minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you guys need more posts to receive PMs?

Here it is on drop box: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5w2poq6laq...t_V45.zip?dl=0
Last edited by dca; 10-21-2018 at 07:55 AM..
Old 10-21-2018, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtorpor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks guys!

So of the 6 of us, 2 of us were in high end raiding guilds for long time, 1 was a more casual player, and 3 are new [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We're probably going Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter, Monk, Shaman, then for last either Druid, Rogue, or something else ? Any recommendations on the 6th player's class? That's my girlfriend and she hasn't started yet because she can't get p99 to work on Mac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] She posted about her issue in the technical discussion section for forums if anyone has any insight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue would really be best for flushing our your group with DPS, but druid would also be super convenient to have a porter in your mix. Ultimately I would let her decide which one sounds more fun. Rogue for a full dps class that can also sneak around and explore, but is worst solo class in the game. Druid for good solo ability, ports!, and either mediocre dps (unless an animal available to charm) or support heals in group.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:26 PM
Banned

Smile Welcome back Satoshibtc!

Welcome back to Norrath, Satoshibtc! Welcome back to your friends as well. You found a great server to re-experience the nostalgic experience of classic Evercrack. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2018, 12:51 PM
Aviak

Thanks everyone for the introductions! She decided to go Druid which I think will be a great choice and make her really happy. She's only lvl 2 lol, she FINALLY got P99 going on mac though! My goodness are the buttons weird on macs. Her laptop is missing like most keys lol. Weirdos and their macs.

But hey DCA that link actually ended up being the one that worked for her! ITS GREAT. Literally download and play! NO configuration or anything! AMAZING.

Thanks for the insight Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Asteria ya definitely I'm feeling the Evercrackness of it again. I just started 3 weeks ago, and am lvl 30 Warrior now named Satoshibtc. I've been given some cool items by bunch of people who were SUPER nice, as well as farmed hardcore. I farmed over 400 DF belts for almost 2k plat now, and 40-50 stacks of Spider Silks from Crag spiders in EK, also bone chips, HQ bear pelts which I made into backpacks (Thanks Overcast and I think umm maybe it was Rowena? and couple others actually) I have full handmade backpacks and some for my girlfriend and sold some for profit too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm wielding dual lammys and silver chitin handwraps. Thanks Matticas for the great deal on one of the lammys and handwraps you rock!

Now I'm farming Left Goblin Ears in HHK. Up to a stack of them now and great exp!

Everyone told me Warrior is really hard without gear so I've been trying to focus on getting some decent gear while leveling. Really lucky some people have given me a lot of my general slots so I was able to focus my money on weapons and haste item. (Thanks Fartist for helping also!)

Having SO much fun you guys thanks everyone for everything!
Old 10-29-2018, 01:00 PM
Aviak

Also I'm looking for recommendations on how to increase aggroe. Currently Dual Lammy's and silver chitin handwraps and I'm not holding consistent aggroe still. Some people have told me I'm losing damage by having lamentation in offhand, then other people told me to put a wurmslayer or something in main hand? I'm conflicted by these viewpoints. I always thought you want faster delay in mainhand, then more damage better ratio maybe in offhand? Now I'm just confused. As a lvl 30 warrior, what would be a good upgrade for one of my items in the 1-4k range that I can start saving and making a goal for myself for better aggroe and dps and which hand should I put it in and why?
Old 10-29-2018, 01:01 PM
Aviak

Also people say to get proccing weapons, but in groups mobs don't last very long. Will I get time for proc anyways? So much to think about. Halp! haha
Closed Thread