Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 10:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73© [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always say I am done with WoW but I have bought every expansion sans MoP and WoD. I am in a gaming slump atm and with this launching tomorrow there is probably a fairly good chance I pick it up
That's the thing, there isn't really anything else to play which is why people are still playing wow.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73© [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always say I am done with WoW but I have bought every expansion sans MoP and WoD. I am in a gaming slump atm and with this launching tomorrow there is probably a fairly good chance I pick it up
Everyone who didn't play Legion is playing BFA because it's a fresh design to them

@swish that's ** irrelevant because it's integrated instancing which means the player may as well be on your server-- because they are...

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 08-12-2018, 11:55 PM
Sarnak

Legion was the first WoW expansion I didn't buy. Don't think I'll bother with BFA either. Expensive at 63 CAD and they continue with the asocial design. Autoqueue everything and CRZ...ugh
Old 08-13-2018, 02:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Legion was the first WoW expansion I didn't buy. Don't think I'll bother with BFA either. Expensive at 63 CAD and they continue with the asocial design. Autoqueue everything and CRZ...ugh
Legion is the superior design between BFA and Legion.

So you could justifiably skip BFA even if you didn't play Legion on the basis that you missed the peak design.

Legion is largely considered the ultimate peak design and unfortunately had to be completely scrapped to make way for BFA. Gutting basically every aspect of the game.

BFA is more of a morbid curiosity expac. "Let's see how Blizzard fixes and rebuilds the game from the removal of core class design and itemization from Legion"

Legion did 10 million subs, so they definitely are going to put money into this BFA effort. However, some remain skeptical that Blizzard can undertake such a big project in 2018.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:50 AM
Fire Giant

BFA is gonna be hot garbage and the worst expac since cata hope this helps
Old 08-13-2018, 07:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Legion is the superior design between BFA and Legion.

So you could justifiably skip BFA even if you didn't play Legion on the basis that you missed the peak design.

Legion is largely considered the ultimate peak design and unfortunately had to be completely scrapped to make way for BFA. Gutting basically every aspect of the game.

BFA is more of a morbid curiosity expac. "Let's see how Blizzard fixes and rebuilds the game from the removal of core class design and itemization from Legion"

Legion did 10 million subs, so they definitely are going to put money into this BFA effort. However, some remain skeptical that Blizzard can undertake such a big project in 2018.
Peak design? lol. Also, 10 million subs ain't that impressive when previous xpacs were higher.

Vanilla through WotLK was "peak design." People just liked Legion because Cata - WoD was dog shit. You know the game has gone to hell when Kung-fu Pandas are considered a good xpac.

I'd like BfA to be decent, but every time I go back to try out classes, shit is more and more watered down and all it takes is one raid finder to make me unsub. Also, Blizzard should've merged servers over the cross realm crap, since it killed any form of community and/or server recognition.

Oh well, vaporware like Pantheon and Star Citizen should be out in 5-10 years.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhtar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Peak design? lol. Also, 10 million subs ain't that impressive when previous xpacs were higher.

Vanilla through WotLK was "peak design." People just liked Legion because Cata - WoD was dog shit. You know the game has gone to hell when Kung-fu Pandas are considered a good xpac.

I'd like BfA to be decent, but every time I go back to try out classes, shit is more and more watered down and all it takes is one raid finder to make me unsub. Also, Blizzard should've merged servers over the cross realm crap, since it killed any form of community and/or server recognition.

Oh well, vaporware like Pantheon and Star Citizen should be out in 5-10 years.
lost all credibility when u said 10m subs aint shit stopped reading right there. this bitter poster is stuck in 2003-2005

prior subs for wow was 1.5m

Old 08-13-2018, 07:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BFA is gonna be hot garbage and the worst expac since cata hope this helps
Entirely possible. Its a massive undertaking.

They are basically trying to redesign the entire game on the fly, coming from the peak design of Legion.

A lot of people think they have bit off more than they can chew by choosing to redesign the entire game in such a short timeframe.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lost all credibility when u said 10m subs aint shit stopped reading right there. this bitter poster is stuck in 2003-2005

prior subs for wow was 1.5m
Not referring to the actual last xpac. Everyone knows WoD was hot garbage dump.

TBC, WotLK and even Cata had more than 10 million subs. Rubbing your nips to "high" sub counts that aren't even publicly displayed anymore is kind of funny. By the way, those 3 xpacs weren't between 2003-2005. And actually, neither was WoW, so not entirely sure why I'm even responding.

If you want to play WoW, more power to ya, bud. Just saying, nothing special is happening with this game. They're just trying to keep it afloat.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhtar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you want to play WoW, more power to ya, bud. Just saying, nothing special is happening with this game. They're just trying to keep it afloat.
Legion says otherwise.

Closed Thread