Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 01:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's your stripper name...err.. cyber name?
A'lexus Treetickler
Old 10-09-2018, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

Yea I'd rather go more for upscale/exclusive. After getting a taste of Sirken, I'm aiming more for the 1% of neckbeards. It's the Rustle way - work smarter not harder.

Nexii Vanadis: A professional dominatrix who caters custom RP content to her clients needs. Most any fetish will be explored or discussed. Typical sessions would be 1-3 hours in my private Neriak dungeon. Evening or weekend long sessions may be considered for special clients. Other locales may be considered if transportation (DaP) costs are provided.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I'd rather go more for upscale/exclusive. After getting a taste of Sirken, I'm aiming more for the 1% of neckbeards. It's the Rustle way - work smarter not harder.

Nexii Vanadis: A professional dominatrix who caters custom RP content to her clients needs. Most any fetish will be explored or discussed. Typical sessions would be 1-3 hours in my private Neriak dungeon. Evening or weekend long sessions may be considered for special clients. Other locales may be considered if transportation (DaP) costs are provided.
I'd have a cigarette hanging out of my mouth, with faded tattoos on my tits, and I'd have to rail a few lines of roxies before and after we cybered.

Then I'd ask you to call a Dial-A-Port for me and have them drop me off at Waffle House behind Kaladim.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:21 AM
Sarnak

I'd say the least classic thing is the community. 20 years of internet have spoiled everyone using it. In 1999, ppl respected each other and treated each other like they would in real life. 20 years of online anonymity have turned majority of internet users into selfish, pixel-obessed fucktards.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd say the least classic thing is the community. 20 years of internet have spoiled everyone using it. In 1999, ppl respected each other and treated each other like they would in real life. 20 years of online anonymity have turned majority of internet users into selfish, pixel-obessed fucktards.
Nah. It's more prevalent now, what with all the youngsters grew up anonymously online, first as EQ gained popularity and then the huge crush who jumped aboard the WoWwagon. But UO had a fair few selfish fucktards before EQ even entered beta. The seeds were always there, waiting for the fertilizer.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But UO had a fair few selfish fucktards before EQ even entered beta.
There's the understatement of the day. Ultima was a haven for little psychopaths-in-training. It remains one of the absolute worst communities I've ever seen in an online game. EQ was a safe haven in comparison, which probably accounted for much of its relative popularity.

Danth
Old 10-11-2018, 09:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd say there's a few other reasons too.

One, that as players have figured out EQ more they don't need to get along with others quite as much as back then. It's easier to small group or solo these days especially with gear inflation.

Two, that the very high population of P99 leads to a much more cutthroat environment of competition. Not just raiding but all camps/spawns. I'd favor a softer ruleset but it'd be hard to enforce fairly in practice.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:50 AM
Planar Protector

Population is fine. It just shouldn’t be all 60s. 8 years, far far far longer than these expansions were intended to last in a mmo with a poorly designed economy doesn’t help matters. Although, I hope this helps.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:56 AM
Planar Protector

1 year between patches, obvs.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:25 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1 year between patches, obvs.
A year!? Woohoo! Are they shortening the patch cycle?
Closed Thread