Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 02:18 AM
Aviak

i would imagine so, going to be rough for those wanting to play their characters into an uncontested blue crew who has aow/vulak/tunare loot for 3 years
Old 04-26-2019, 02:21 AM
Sarnak

"I told you green was real." ~ Loramin 2019
Orc

Prediction: its toxic as fuck.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by toasteroven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i would imagine so, going to be rough for those wanting to play their characters into an uncontested blue crew who has aow/vulak/tunare loot for 3 years
haha true that, man blue uncontested would be fun also...
Old 04-26-2019, 02:23 AM
Fire Giant

I doubted you guys. I lost faith. I apologize. Now spill the beans on Project Purple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmroo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you keep your shit from green after your thrown back to blue right?
Rogean referred to it as the "recycle rotation" server. Let the manastone farming begin!
Last edited by AenorVZ; 04-26-2019 at 02:31 AM..
Old 04-26-2019, 02:24 AM
Aviak

green may be the death of this emulator project
Old 04-26-2019, 02:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by toasteroven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
green may be the death of this emulator project
Honestly though, a progression server is the only way to get approximately a classic-like experience. The fact that there are players stuck in the purgatory of velious end-game with all the resources one could ever want accumulating BiS for their 15th alt seems to remove something from the experience, even for players starting afresh. (this isn't a dig at those players, because how else are they to enjoy the game? I'm just pointing out that this game was not designed to run this long)

Of course there's no such thing as a truly classic-like experience with the game as researched and solved as it currently is, but that can't be undone anyway.
Last edited by DiogenesThaDogg; 04-26-2019 at 02:43 AM..
Old 04-26-2019, 02:32 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesThaDogg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly though, a progression server is the only way to get approximately a classic-like experience. The fact that there are players stuck in the purgatory of velious end-game with all the resources one could ever want accumulating BiS for their 15th alt seems to remove something from the experience, even for players starting afresh.

Of course there's no such thing as a truly classic-like experience with the game as researched and solved as it currently is, but that can't be undone anyway.
Delete the wiki! The knowledge only lives on in our minds...
Old 04-26-2019, 03:01 AM
Kobold

GREN? Been playing on and off since pre-kunark and have been dying for this for so long. As much as I love p99 I joined in late classic and there is no substitute for a fresh start in an MMO. Whether it's because you want to be the most sweatiest nerdlord to ever hit 60 on an ench/shm before anyone else there ever was or because you want groups without twinks and PLs, it's just something you can't possibly get without a new beginning.

Cheers to all the haters who will undoubtedly try and ruin this just to prove themselves right instead of crawling out of whatever dragon's ass they have lived in for the past 6 years to enjoy the experience.

I for one am super hyped!
Old 04-26-2019, 03:05 AM
Sarnak

WTB Guise loot rights
Closed Thread