Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 10:35 PM
Sarnak

Not all charmed pets will return items when you kill them as a warning. Vendors and quest npcs both won't give back items I believe.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:06 AM
Fire Giant

I have a 10 wizard with a Tola Robe and Velium Crystal Staff. I threw some basic DEX JC stuff on him and gave it a shot. I solo'd to 10 with it. When it does proc it's insta kill. But because my dex was only ~100 it didn't proc a ton. It's fun when it procs but otherwise you're better off nuking.
If I could've afforded a RoA I would've done that.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:16 AM
Planar Protector

Not worth melee'ing as a necro above low levels. except for fun, as noted in previous posts.

proc chance increases if you, or a friend, land a slow on you. people used to plvl melee's by slowing them and having them use earthshaker or some such pbaoe weapon before bard plvling became so popular.

See this post for pet kits:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ighlight=charm

note: dont use torches or non weapon items to force dual wielding anymore. nilbog nerfed that.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 06-17-2016, 02:24 AM
Planar Protector

I played a melee necro till 51.....soloing mostly....and it is powerful, very powerful. I could outtank my pet easily the entire time (by far).

1 ) Focus on AC items, as much AC as you can. Rings, 12 ac mask, everything. The goal is to maximize your damage mitigation as much as possible.

2 ) Focus on Dex items 2nd. Vampiric embrace for necros is much stronger than SKs. Having high dex and access to other proc weapons (such as staff of undead legion, 600 undead dd) is powerful.

3 ) Get a good melee weapon! I eventually gave my necro a heavy velium brawl stick....which actually does some decent damage.

When things hurt too much, just back up a second and cast your lifetap (since you are primarily focused on using mana to self-heal and damage with lifetaps, you won't have much agro and pets can get it off of you at any time).

With screaming terror you can solo 2 or 3 dark blues at level 50 without trouble. Pet + Necro melee = pretty nice.

The problem I found was after 50 my ability to tank started to wane. Stuff was just hitting for a lot more. Then again, a lot of my armor is getting dated....so I think if I were able to find a good jump in AC again I could manage it.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It helps me just fine. RNG either is on your side or it's not. The more swings, the more chances you have to get that lucky roll...
That's not how it works.

It's a set proc per minute. The lower your delay the lower your chance to proc per swing. Having haste of any sort makes you less likely to proc per swing. This is why warriors after luclin would have slow cast themselves when using an earthshaker to AOE 'shakerpage'.

Tola does not make you more likely to Proc OT hammer.

It doesn't make you less likely per unit time either.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 06-17-2016, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why warriors after luclin would have slow cast themselves when using an earthshaker to AOE 'shakerpage'.
That is dumb, because it still remains the same procs per minute overall.

The "procs per minute" is just an average over a longer period of time. You can proc 6 times in a row....or go a while without any procs. It is just a percentage chance per swing that is effected by your haste.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is dumb, because it still remains the same procs per minute overall.

The "procs per minute" is just an average over a longer period of time. You can proc 6 times in a row....or go a while without any procs. It is just a percentage chance per swing that is effected by your haste.
Rampage ability was a one shot aoe ability where you got ONE swing on all mobs around you. The weapon proc'd a pbaoe. If you took off your haste item and got slowed, your chance per swing (and you got one swing per target) to proc was almost guaranteed mathematically with high dex.

Pull 100 mobs, click rampage, 100 swings (one to each mob) and 100 procs ... each of the 100 mobs getting hit by the proc 100x. Doing it back in the day was a blast. When you hit rampage on the swarm it would take your computer and the server nearly 20 seconds to process it all. If you found the right place, a warrior could actually get aa xp'd pretty fast in some areas of luclin. Mob hp was too high to pull it off in PoP.

It's not dumb, it's math ... And that's how the game works.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 06-17-2016 at 03:59 PM..
Closed Thread