Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 02:50 AM
Kobold

Default Emissary of Thule

As I slowly approach level 59 I have already purchased my EoT scroll and cannot help but wonder how useful this pet is. I currently use my rog pet for every encounter I have such as grouping, or fear kiting. Will EoT replace Minion of Shadows in most cases? or will MoS still outshine in terms of dps. I guess what I am asking is EoT a huge game changer? Will I be able to solo great camps or do amazing things, or will I be sorely disappointed with EoT pet? Feel free to give examples of how you achieved greatness with your EoT pet so that I can continue to fantasize on my way to lvl 59.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:02 AM
Fire Giant

http://wiki.project1999.com/Necromancer#Pet_Information
and
http://wiki.project1999.com/Pet_Guide#Necromancer_Pets

I would say, mainly for tanking.
One thing is for sure though, The Spectre is cool =D
Old 03-12-2016, 03:38 AM
Kobold

Aye, there is also an amazing thread done discussing the DPS of the two pets

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...light=Emissary

I was hoping to hear some sweet stories of necros using EoT to solo some decent content tho.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfftuneRZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I was hoping to hear some sweet stories of necros using EoT to solo some decent content tho.
Then be prepared for dissapointment.

I remember reading a thread ages ago where people remembered Necs with EOT farming in seb back on live with them; and I too vaguely recall seeing the spectres at different camps throughout the zone.

It's quite possible EoT is alot more gimp here than it was on live; but no one has been able to find any evidence.
Old 03-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Orc

I solo'd Old Sebilis main level hallway trash all day long with EoT. It's a relatively solid tank here if you actually do your part to tap and heal. Zols, he needs no help, Kors he needs very little help if he resists slow and the first dot. Dars he needs healing. Jins he needs healing. Boks he needs healing and a short fear kite at about 40% (mob health).

I solo rats in the ratmaze of PoM with EoT. And can offtank/backup tank any mob in PoM in a group/duo scenario. I have duo'd with a druid at chessboard and my spec has occasionally had to tank for bit while druid recovers charmed skunk.

No other necro pet can do any of the above, with maybe the exception of rats in maze (if, and only if, you get there after someone else has cleared a spot for fearkiting).

Addendum (edit): If summoned pets could wield nodrop items, Canyoneer Pike would make EoT a true terror at tanking.
Last edited by playing4peace; 03-12-2016 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: Addendum
Old 03-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

Wizzies are a real pain. Have you tried a named with it?
Old 03-12-2016, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

I'd say its not much of a game changer.

Its a little tanky, but as far as solo farming/etc goes, Necros will always be more about Howling Stones and use charm.

EoT isn't better than charm afaik, I can't think of any encounters with EoT at this time.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 03-12-2016, 07:16 PM
Sarnak

It's nothing special but I root/pet tank summoning named like undead jailor in KC with EOT. Keep shadowbond on him, named rooted, when he gets sub 40% HP back spam. Keep dots (vexing, splurt at minimum). Easy with EoT. Sometimes you get summoned just back away and keep it rooted. Trying to explore more summoning named I can do with EoT only undead jailor and non-summoning hangnail ATM.

Also way better then any pet at farming low/mid level content like Droga
Old 03-12-2016, 11:31 PM
Kobold

Ok so far than its minor mobs in seb, faction farming in droga, and few named in KC which summon. How about old world encounters? I hear 59 necro can do phinny? What about someone like Yendar Starpyre? Old world epic encounters and such.

I appreciate everyone letting me pick their brains, this is an exciting time as my necro approaches end game.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:53 AM
Sarnak

You cant solo phinny -its just the usual 2 pet stuff with a mage and trainer. I wonder if 2 necros could, should be feasible.
Closed Thread