Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

Default Leveling research. (wiz)

Are there any tricks to leveling research or do you just have to dumpster dive on vendors for runes?
Old 04-28-2016, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

http://wiki.project1999.com/Skill_Research
Hopefully this can help [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-29-2016, 09:08 AM
Aviak

Go to your trainer and spend your skill points in research while paying what he charges you to skill up.

Way faster than relying on combines to skill up and it's not that expensive in the end.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:30 AM
Fire Giant

Its far better to collect runes and also create practice runes at low levels to gain skillups instead of training. When you get higher levels the ingredients for practice runes become a bitch to get and there always seems to be odd runes at the higher levels that for one reason or another are a pain in the ass to find. When you finally have to craft Ice Comet you should dump points into Research because getting to 170 or whatever with practice runes sucks because the mats and also regular runes become stupid to find.

Dumpster dive and make sure you and any friends collect all runes for you while leveling. I also have a collection of runes on a mule, if you want to PM me and Ill let you know what I have.

<The A-Team>
Old 04-29-2016, 11:37 AM
Banned

I used skill points at my trainer to get to 110. Went to Chardock and bought the runes of frost/astral. Got 10 of each for around 50pp. They drop super commonly in Chardock. Did combines until it worked. Never used research again.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:51 AM
Fire Giant

Like others have said, its far easier to dump your unused skill points into research than trying to use practice runes/words.

Going from 1-170 will cost you about 2-3k plat. Whether or not this is cost effective is up to you. Personally, I got sick of looking for other people to do my combines for me and didn't mind the pricetag.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:02 PM
Orc

OK, so maybe I'm a retard.

I read the page on research skill. I spent a good chunk of the day today running all over hell and back (and spending plat to buy stuff) to work on my research, as my training points only got me to skill 45 (level 24) ...and for some reason, the skill number is in red on my skill window display?

Anyhow, I burnt through a STACK each of parchment, bloodstones, & zombie skins in the practice rune thingey (with the quill of course) and didn't get a single skillup. Just a stack of completed practice runes.

I tried one combine in my Elemental Grimoire on my new 24 spells, and of course I 'lack the skills to combine these' and all my mats vanished.

I don't understand? If my level appropriate spells aren't trivial until skill 62 according to the page here, how can doing 20 combines with that set of runes not get a single skillup at 45?
Old 05-29-2016, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

Level up,. Use/Buy research skill points from the class guild master.

Max your primary stat to 255 if you plan on during combine gains.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 05-29-2016 at 09:34 PM..
Old 05-29-2016, 09:35 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level up,. Use/Buy research skill points from the class guild master.

Max your primary stat to 255 if you plan on during combine gains.
I used all my training points to get to 45. But I can't "level up" very effectively without the new pets at my level, hence the trying to work research up.
Old 05-29-2016, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

research was one of the only things i really saw worth blowing my trainer points on.

its one of the few that allows you to max with trainer points and everything else is easy to skill up or you can only take to like 24 (other tradeskills)
Closed Thread