Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 08:07 AM
Planar Protector

LOL. it's not trading though. Unless you wanna count fake sales.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

While the CoS at 15k is grossly inflated, let's not pretend it isn't a great item that every Necro should have. It is game changing. For example, FDing at a mob's feet and invising right as you stand up to avoid agro. That's simply not possible without a pre-nerf CoS. And obviously extremely useful for charming, dungeon crawling and just general quality of life. The only clicky item for Necros I would rate ahead of the CoS is the VP Soul Well staff. CoS is more useful and powerful for Necros than everything else, including JBoots, Staff of Dreaded Gaze, Holgresh elder beads and Epic. It's really that good.

And no, I don't have any pre-nerf CoS for sale. Just being objective.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Fire Giant

Nobody is debating the fact that CoS is an excellent item.

The issue is the supply is high and the demand is lukewarm. Its plainly price gouging and speculation by EC fat cats.

Another issue is is that the idiot EC traders are setting a price too high for their market. Pretty much anybody who has a Necro or SK alt (or 4th alt) already has the item. A new player cannot afford 25k for any single item, unless they RMT.

Add another dimension - there are ~less~ Necros and SKs being rolled than previously due to evolution of what is referred to as "the raid scene" and how "the raid scene" says that Necros and SKs are of limited "raid" use. All of the veteran FTE/poopsock allstars with SKs have no need for a CoS, and any nub to the server who wants a shot at stardom rolls a Monk. This lowers the demand even further.

Yes, CoS is "priceless." Another true statement? CoS is not worth 25k. Why? Because nobody is willing to pay that much. Rocket science? Hardly.

<The A-Team>
Old 06-01-2016, 04:37 PM
Sarnak

CoS is a great item. Just remember this great item was 1k not too long ago and in fact most of them rotted in Droga because they're lore. Great item though.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:52 PM
Fire Giant

I have a Necro and I don't have a CoS. I would like one and I may buy one in the near future if I can find it cheap enough and I have the extra platinum to spend.

I did see the CoS selling before the nerf for 1.5-3K so I couldn't see myself buying one for no more than 7K.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While the CoS at 15k is grossly inflated, let's not pretend it isn't a great item that every Necro should have. It is game changing. For example, FDing at a mob's feet and invising right as you stand up to avoid agro. That's simply not possible without a pre-nerf CoS. And obviously extremely useful for charming, dungeon crawling and just general quality of life. The only clicky item for Necros I would rate ahead of the CoS is the VP Soul Well staff. CoS is more useful and powerful for Necros than everything else, including JBoots, Staff of Dreaded Gaze, Holgresh elder beads and Epic. It's really that good.

And no, I don't have any pre-nerf CoS for sale. Just being objective.
It has been ruthlessly farmed for 5 years. It isn't this coveted legendary item on P99 as it used to be on live.

When you see 14+ people trying to sell it within 24 hours it isn't exactly rare. Sometimes it dips down to 10k and, lo and behold, that's when you see an actual sale. That's what I sold it for and it took me three bloody weeks. This item, most definitely is NOT in high demand.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:40 PM
Sarnak

CoS is a great item, it was the first thing I saved up for and bought on my necro (first character). I would wait for the price to drop though. There are tons of these things on the server.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:57 AM
Aviak

It's a great item, don't let anyone tell you otherwise (especially if decide to go a mostly charming route for exp). However, I wouldn't break your neck trying to save up for it as your #1 priority as a new necro on the server.

I strongly suspect there are more CoS's on the server than there are even potential necromancer or SK players. Give it a bit of time and the price will find its ceiling. I'm assuming (and I could be wrong) that it'll be more comparable to Ornate Velium Pendant. The moment that changed people thought they'd get 50k for it, but it's comfortably found a happy spot in the 12-15k range and has been stable for months now. I imagine CoS will be the same, unlike say elder beads or other removed items which keep creeping up and up.

Supply and demand works fine here... but P1999 is not an efficient market - so it takes some time.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Get it now, thank me later.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Also don't forget that Manastones have been farmed to death here but yet they are 200k+ now and they aren't even all that useful. Usefulness-wise they are trash compared to the CoS.

I don't have any extra CoS's to sell but there's not the slightest doubt for me that this item is going to skyrocket in price in a not-to-distant future. It doesn't drop, some accounts who hoarded dozens of them will get banned, others will retire.
Closed Thread