Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 02:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A friend of mine played in the early days here, and he said Kedg exp was stupidly good ... like 3-4% per kill in the 40s good. That would fit a ZEM of 200, and that clearly doesn't seem classic.
I used my 60 druid with sub-par gear to PL a cleric from 27 to 52. The total session time was 55 hours, including both the cleric and myself eating a few deaths each. I think level 45 and 51 took about 3 hours, with every other level taking significantly less. During this time, most people in the zone either came to kill Phinny or camp the Druid Epic piece. One time, an enc/cleric duo was killing mermaids, but other than that, the zone was empty.

A few months later, I tried to PL a rogue in Kedge and the exp modifier had been greatly reduced. I took him to Upper Guk, and not only was the exp better per kill, but the mobs also hit me much less and much softer than the mobs in Kedge. We then went to Lower Guk, and the exp per mob seemed to be about the same as Kedge. With the hard-hitting mobs and problems with casting in water, I wrote off Kedge as a place to PL people.

I later tried Kedge for regular exp around level 35 or 40 when a group of friends and I rolled alts. First, it was a pain getting everyone EB items. Secondly, splitting the first room was annoying because every fish agros, so it's a lot of zoning back and forth to pull the mobs to the ent, using either snare or calm. After we had the room split the Fierce Impaler spawned and kicked our asses, so someone had to log over to a main to take him out. When we got back-to-back spawns, we decided that we should just go to HHK, which was much better exp.

Kedge is a hard zone because of the difficulty pulling/splitting, casting in water, and also due to the strength of mobs for their level. These aspects made it so difficult for normal exp groups, but almost ideal for PLing. It was sad that it was always empty, because even with the best exp in the game, people didn't view the risk worth the reward. However, with the current[(?) I actually haven't checked it in over a year)] sub-par exp modifier, there is absolutely no reason to exp there anymore.

TL;DR: Kedge is dead.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:37 PM
Banned

Not classic
Old 01-13-2020, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
source?
Old 01-13-2020, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Make High Keep Classic Again
Old 01-13-2020, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

This is my favorite thread because it's pretty funny watching Loramin have the thing he's said for awhile get directly contradicted by one of the top two people on P99 and now scramble to try and make up some weird arguments and/or try and be like "well he could've meant something else!"

Let it go man, lol
Old 01-13-2020, 03:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

good thing we all hit 50 and got our manastones right before ZEM gets global nerf to 75-80 and manastone gets removed. future of green looks bright like highkeep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

ps right before he died, brad told me manastones should have never been put into the game, and rangers were supposed to crit in melee.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuckshit22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
good thing we all hit 50 and got our manastones right before ZEM gets global nerf to 75-80 and manastone gets removed. future of green looks bright like highkeep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

ps right before he died, brad told me manastones should have never been put into the game, and rangers were supposed to crit in melee.
How did Brad pass away?
Old 01-13-2020, 03:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfuneral [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How did Brad pass away?
severe ligma.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used my 60 druid with sub-par gear to PL a cleric from 27 to 52. The total session time was 55 hours, including both the cleric and myself eating a few deaths each. I think level 45 and 51 took about 3 hours, with every other level taking significantly less. During this time, most people in the zone either came to kill Phinny or camp the Druid Epic piece. One time, an enc/cleric duo was killing mermaids, but other than that, the zone was empty.

A few months later, I tried to PL a rogue in Kedge and the exp modifier had been greatly reduced. I took him to Upper Guk, and not only was the exp better per kill, but the mobs also hit me much less and much softer than the mobs in Kedge. We then went to Lower Guk, and the exp per mob seemed to be about the same as Kedge. With the hard-hitting mobs and problems with casting in water, I wrote off Kedge as a place to PL people.

I later tried Kedge for regular exp around level 35 or 40 when a group of friends and I rolled alts. First, it was a pain getting everyone EB items. Secondly, splitting the first room was annoying because every fish agros, so it's a lot of zoning back and forth to pull the mobs to the ent, using either snare or calm. After we had the room split the Fierce Impaler spawned and kicked our asses, so someone had to log over to a main to take him out. When we got back-to-back spawns, we decided that we should just go to HHK, which was much better exp.

Kedge is a hard zone because of the difficulty pulling/splitting, casting in water, and also due to the strength of mobs for their level. These aspects made it so difficult for normal exp groups, but almost ideal for PLing. It was sad that it was always empty, because even with the best exp in the game, people didn't view the risk worth the reward. However, with the current[(?) I actually haven't checked it in over a year)] sub-par exp modifier, there is absolutely no reason to exp there anymore.

TL;DR: Kedge is dead.
When the Kedge zem got nerfed I figured somebody higher up saw a single person in the zone once and thought "too many"
Old 01-13-2020, 03:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuckshit22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
severe ligma.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread