Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 06:41 AM
Orc

Exclamation DEVS Green server needs to know if H2H bonus damage is ON or OFF!

Big discussion about whether or not h2h has bonus damage .. in original EQ h2h had no damage bonus but 1hb did so Enameled black mace and scepter of fire was the BIS.

We now have sharkbone Warhammer that's BIS and if H2H has bonus damage its BIS for monks.

This info will affect auction prices drastically.

Please respond
Old 11-20-2019, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

They don't seem to have made many vanilla-timeline game mechanics changes if any. My money would be on it working like it works on Blue unless proven otherwise.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:43 AM
Sarnak

This can be tested by someone instead of just needing an answer?
Old 11-20-2019, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Fill main hand* of a monk high enough level for damage bonus.

See his off hand max damage. Now fill the off hand and see the main hand max hit. Compare scores!

*beware you don't record damage done by riposte.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:32 PM
Large Bat

Also interested in knowing the answer to this. Also, since I have not seen a for sure answer on this and I am not high enough to test...

Is the H2H chart on the P1999 monk page accurate for Green also? Or were there some changes in Kunark/Velious and Green server has different values?
Old 11-21-2019, 07:11 AM
Sarnak

idk why people think fists don't get main hand damage bonus, is it just because there's no item that you can hover over and see?

i tested it using a 1hb in offhand against fire giants yesterday and my min punch dmg was exactly 1+main hand dmg bonus for my lvl.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 11-21-2019, 08:53 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk why people think fists don't get main hand damage bonus, is it just because there's no item that you can hover over and see?

i tested it using a 1hb in offhand against fire giants yesterday and my min punch dmg was exactly 1+main hand dmg bonus for my lvl.
I hear ya.. but there has been alot of discussion about it, because in the original EQ release h2h had NO bonus damage which makes the sharkbone warhammer, Enameled black mace and scepter of flame more of a BIS with bonus damage than H2H without..

I dont remember if sharkbone warhammer was in original EQ release, but I do know that Enameled black mace primary and scepter of flame offhand was BIS for monks on release before temple of sol ro patch.

This really affects the price of weapons for monks if they are BIS.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:08 AM
Banned

thankfully you can load up red blue teal and green and test it. report back when youre done soldier.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:20 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thankfully you can load up red blue teal and green and test it. report back when youre done soldier.
Yeah, I'll just spend 60+ hours leveling characters quick instead of asking a question. Very helpful :P
Closed Thread