Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 05:34 PM
Banned

Exclamation To GM Llandris the Mayorslayer - a Challenge of Mortal Combat

a single fat pigeon fumbles through the air before you. The note on its leg reads:

OFFICIAL CHALLENGE OF MORTAL COMBAT

Challenger: Filbus Furyfoot, Lord of the Misty Thicket and Defender of Rivervale
Challenged: GM Llandris, Mayorslayer, Pawn of Trakanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For Trakanon

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the slaying of Mayor Gubbin, I, Filbus, challenge Llandris to a duel of mortal combat. Using his godlike powers he has descended into the mortal affairs of Norrath and struck an unforgivable blow against the only Democracy in all the lands.

Thus, despite my humble beginnings and height disadvantage, I, Filbus, Lord of the Misty Thicket, Protector of Rivervale, and wielder of the Blade of Zek, have been forced to throw down the gauntlet.

Though I know Llandris wields Great Power, I cannot live another day, drink another drop of Jum, knowing that dear Gubbin, whose eyes were so bright as he looked upon the Freefolk, whose paunch was soft, yet substantive like pudding, has been struck down by this evil, Greater Power.

Conditions of the Duel:
We shall both wear our finest armors and attempt to slay each other in single combat using weapons wielded in our hands.

The use of the Deathtouch or other Godly Artefacts, such as the Tome which may be clicked rapidly to smite any target for 600 points of damage, will immediately dishonor the challenged party Llandris, for he is already garbed in Greater Armaments than the Folk of Norrath may ever attain.

Furthermore, Llandris must speak the Words of Power which remove his invulnerability to the weapons and magics of Mortal Kind.

Neither the challenged nor the challenger may receive buffs or heals from outside parties before or during the duel; the use of Crystallized Pumice is permitted to dispel any buffs if either party wishes before the duel begins, before the pre-emptive self-buffing window; Filbus will enter this duel using such weapons, armaments and magical devices as his mortal hands have acquired through legitimate and adventurous means.

Before the combat begins, Filbus must present Llandris with the finest Jumjum and Llandris must present Filbus with a burrito from CShome; civility is the cornerstone of honor and legitimate murder-contest.

The duel will take place in Rivervale, home of the Challenger.

Proposed Date of Combat: the 28th of July at 9 PM Server Time in the Year of Our Lord 2017

Victory Conditions:

Should Filbus win, Llandris must swear to Protect the Hobbitfolk of Norrath, promising never to disrupt the Democracy, and then go to Neriak and Deathtouch the GM of his class.

Should Llandris win, Filbus must swear to never again lay his blade against a Dark Elf, even if it costs him his own life or the lives of all hobbitkind. He will retire his lifelong mission of disrupting all Dark Elven activities and marauding of Neriak.

Will the challenged accept these terms?

Signed,
Filbus
Old 06-29-2017, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

I'd give you and upvote and gold, but apparently this isn't reddit.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:47 PM
Sarnak

May the blessings of Karana be upon you my lord!

Signed
Jumjumfarmer
Old 06-29-2017, 08:28 PM
Banned

The Challenge has been seen. Llandris hesitates.

If there is no response by the Challenged by tomorrow, it will be a forfeit.

Rivervale will be saved, and the Hobbits protected.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

you know it's rumored Mayor Gubbin may have used underhanded tactics to become elected Mayor of Rivervale...perhaps some events in his past led to his untimely demise?
Old 06-29-2017, 09:28 PM
Server GM

why so far away? Let's get this done soon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:41 PM
Aviak

If anyone wants to watch this epic clash, give Dial A Port a ring.
We will take you to the event of a lifetime.
Whispering their hidden song.
Then you see what cannot be—
Shadows move where light should be.
Out of darkness, out of mind,
Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a single fat pigeon fumbles through the air before you. The note on its leg reads:

OFFICIAL CHALLENGE OF MORTAL COMBAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why so far away? Let's get this done soon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:52 PM
Kobold

Are you immersed?
Old 06-29-2017, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The duel will take place in Rivervale, home of the Challenger.
Question: how will this work if the guards aggro one of you for starting a fight? It should probably be done in a relatively unpopulated area of the town.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Closed Thread