Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

Default Raid Scene

I believe the P99 raiding community needs to remove all the complicated raid rules, which are mostly reactionary rules to situations certain GM's decided to deal with. A significant portion of "current raid rules" are not even posted on the forums, as they were only communicated by GM's to perhaps 3-4 guild leaders after in-game incidents. This has always led to confusion to any up and coming guilds who may accidentally "break" an "unwritten rule". A significant portion of the rules are also antiquated agreements between raiding guilds. These agreements, while they worked for the guilds in question at the time, were rubber stamped as "P99 Raid Rules" for every other guild.

The GM's have historically involved themselves in raid disputes on this server beyond anything I have ever experienced in any other EQ server I have played on (quite a few). One particular issue I have had is GM's inserting themselves as enforcers of player made agreements, this is overbearing and overreaching and beyond the scope of what a GM should involve themselves in.

I have raided on Daybreak Games TLP servers and EQMac servers, while also raiding on P99 for the past 8-9 years. The open world raid scene on the TLP server sorts itself out, with the only major difference being the TLP servers have a raid window which attributes the most damage done on a fight to one raid for the purpose of loot. I have never interacted with a GM or needed to on the TLP servers while actively leading top open world and instance raiding guilds.

I suggest removing CSR from the P99 raid scene. CSR has plenty to do outside the raid scene and that is actually where the P99 server shines. All the non raid activities and leveling on P99 is much better than the TLP servers I have recently played on.

I have directly worked with the vast majority of the guilds on this server and during periods of past turmoil in the raid scene we were able to come to an agreement on how to coexist, without the need for GM involvement. Let the era of racing, two trackers, no coth, no exping in seb past entrance while going for Trakanon, be a thing of the past.

It is time to let the community decide on the fate of how the raid scene looks moving forward.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

A+
Old 11-26-2018, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

The less staff involvement, the better. I have been a strong advocate of letting it work itself out. Eventually, all guilds would be forced to make agreements.