Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: What do you think will happen?
The USA will buy the UK to make them great again 15 14.02%
The monarchy will collapse, England to become Venezuela 2.0 10 9.35%
UK to sink in total recession, AM/Riot to rejoice about this new stream of jobless apps 25 23.36%
The UK will do just fine, will claim back USA, India, Australia and all other ex colonies 23 21.50%
The EU will make Boris Johnson fuck a pig live on TV, or they kill Harry 19 17.76%
Bush // towers 39 36.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 06:22 AM
Planar Protector

Assholes appears for idiots as Strong Man

And Boris is an asshole.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrombosis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Past few days we've seen MPs call Boris Johnson a fascist, a nazi, a dictator behind a coup. The official slogan of the LibDem party is "B*****ks to Brexit". Leave voters are constantly called racist, thick, far right, liars, uneducated. All of these are seemingly OK, but when the PM says 'humbug' it's totally unacceptable.
I must of missed that. Which MP called him a nazi or a facist? >_>
Old 09-26-2019, 09:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrombosis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, it's the fact we finally have a Prime Minister who is actually trying to implement the result of a democratic referendum.
P.S Democracy is (like it or not) mean you can change your mind. Especially when so much of the original campaign was based on mistruths (like the legendary NHS bus claim)

Case in point:

<Me> Would you like a cup of coffee?
<You> Sure!
<Me> Heres your cup of coffee, sorry its actually full of faeces though
<You> Woah there i dont want that
<Me> Sorry chum you said you did want that. You cant go back on your want.
<You> I changed my mind based on new information

See? Perfectly reasonable.

Ah well the only real winners if we come out the EU are the toffs with tons of money offshore evading tax who will continue to evade because we wont have to abide by EU Tax law.

<GASP> It's almost like there is a motive
Old 09-26-2019, 11:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S Democracy is (like it or not) mean you can change your mind. Especially when so much of the original campaign was based on mistruths (like the legendary NHS bus claim)

Case in point:

<You> Sure!

Ah well the only real winners if we come out the EU are the toffs with tons of money offshore evading tax who will continue to evade because we wont have to abide by EU Tax law.

The idea of political leaders not carrying out what was voted on is the exact opposite of democracy. WTF. What you refer to is a straight up subversion of democracy.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

There's a reason why we vote on our political leaders periodically.

Brexit was voted for how many years ago? And what people actually voted for with the information at the time hasn't been remotely delivered. Time for a second opinion.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Brexit was voted for how many years ago? And what people actually voted for with the information at the time hasn't been remotely delivered. Time for a second opinion.
This. This is actual democracy.

An intelligent government can about face on a choice if new evidence comes to light.

In this case that is absolutely what happened. This whole subject isn't even a YES/NO RIGHT/WRONG GOOD/BAD issue. A fair few people voted leave because they thought immigrants were taking more money out of the economy than they contributed (via benefits)

This was debunked. Yet plenty still believe it.

Changing your mind is totally fine. ESPECIALLY when the "facts" you were given were incorrect or misleading. THATS democracy.

Voting then finding out what you were told and the leader saying "haw haw too late now" is Autocracy. Lucky for us we have judges to keep said leader in check.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That's not what a 2nd opinion is.

A 2nd opinion is asking someone knowledgeable about what to vote for and why BEFORE the vote happens.

What you are referring to is the shutting down of Brexit, a democratically voted for initiative, by the elites and a re-vote until those damn commoners can vote the 'right' way.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. This is actual democracy.

An intelligent government can about face on a choice if new evidence comes to light.

In this case that is absolutely what happened. This whole subject isn't even a YES/NO RIGHT/WRONG GOOD/BAD issue. A fair few people voted leave because they thought immigrants were taking more money out of the economy than they contributed (via benefits)

This was debunked. Yet plenty still believe it.

Changing your mind is totally fine. ESPECIALLY when the "facts" you were given were incorrect or misleading. THATS democracy.

Voting then finding out what you were told and the leader saying "haw haw too late now" is Autocracy. Lucky for us we have judges to keep said leader in check.
Quote:
Bobby you weren't supposed to pick Lebron James first, hes my favorite player! This isn't fair! I didn't know you were going to pick him! We're redoing the game until we get it right!
Old 09-26-2019, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

"This and the language of surrender suggests we are at war, either with Europe or with each other. As someone who grew up with parents who were born in the shadow of war, we are not at war with Europe, and we are not at war with each other," former Labour leader Ed Miliband critical of Boris Johnson's language in the Commons.

"The Prime Minister has a special responsibility, he is not exercising this responsibility, he is trying to divide an already divided country. Some people say this strategy will work, this strategy will not work as the British people are better than this."
Old 09-26-2019, 04:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Case in point:

<You> Sure!

Really, and how many times did we get the chance to re-vote the 1975 referendum on joining the EEC? There was plenty of new information coming to light as the EEC morphed into the EU behemoth. Let me guess though, you want to re-run the referendum only if the people vote the wrong way, and just like the LibDems, you won't accept the result of the re-run if it's still not the right vote. Or perhaps like Labour you feel that if the electorate won't vote your way, you'll just find some new voters who will.

Oh and FYI Theresa May said there was money for a £385m a week boost for the NHS once we Brexit, but the puppet parliament instead wants to keep under-funding the NHS. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...locks-britain/

The biggest lies told during the referendum campaign were all told by the remain side, e.g:
- EU Army was merely a dangerous fantasy;
- David Cameron would invoke Article 50 the day after the referendum;
- 500,000 job losses;
- Recession;
- We'd be 'back of the line' for a trade deal with the US;
- MPs will respect the vote of the people.

Oh and EU tax law is set up to facilitate large-scale corporate tax avoidance, as previously mentioned see double-irish and double-dutch tax arrangements (latter ruled perfectly legal by EU courts).
Closed Thread