Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 03-13-2022, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Camacho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure who Zade is or what he said.
This is what he last posted in the big 2.0 thread:

"yea lets build a new red server because if the past 10 years of red server pop has taught us anything, we need to reward them."

So just like parts of the staff, in complete denial that the server is the way it is because they let the worst elements of the server take control of it during the early years and pretty much made the whole thing unsalvageable. Unsalvageable even now because its being forced on life support because of info embargo. The same kind of negligence, 10 years later, that fucked things up in the first place.

Leaving your britney thread alone.... now!
Last edited by Tradesonred; 03-13-2022 at 06:14 PM..
Old 03-13-2022, 06:16 PM
Banned

I know it must be irritating to be reading this for devs and maybe lessening the chances of a new server but i cant stop myself lol like a tourette truth teller
Old 03-13-2022, 07:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it must be irritating to be reading this for devs and maybe lessening the chances of a new server but i cant stop myself lol like a tourette truth teller
There’s definitely something wrong with you, of that I’m certain.
Old 03-13-2022, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Camacho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure who Zade is or what he said.
Zade like the only greenname that still posts here maybe last year once or twice and he didn't say "no".

I doubt Zade is actually reading these forums though!

Zade is also a real pvper. Both Zade and Sirken helped a lot to get red going. So if you don't know who Zade is I can't help you anymore!
Old 03-13-2022, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

Just do a search for all his posts it’s not many he was an active GM and now not an active one.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-14-2022, 06:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zade is also a real pvper. Both Zade and Sirken helped a lot to get red going. So if you don't know who Zade is I can't help you anymore!
Sirken would organize jousting matches for pvp, he just didnt get the point of a sandbox pvp EQ box IMO. Im glad we had GMs that put in hours and im not sure what Sirken did behind the scenes but i would have quit being a GM before killing the server during Kunark with that xp nerf stuff. Wether he was part of the decision or just the face of it, to me its unfortunate but thats his defining moment.
Old 03-14-2022, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what he last posted in the big 2.0 thread:

"yea lets build a new red server because if the past 10 years of red server pop has taught us anything, we need to reward them."

So just like parts of the staff, in complete denial that the server is the way it is because they let the worst elements of the server take control of it during the early years and pretty much made the whole thing unsalvageable. Unsalvageable even now because its being forced on life support because of info embargo. The same kind of negligence, 10 years later, that fucked things up in the first place.

Leaving your britney thread alone.... now!
ok, I recall Zade now, but I wasn't talking about what GM's said.

Why do you think the devs are not here discussing ways to help bring back all the old red players?

Come on brother, you know the reason and it isn't that they are in denial.

Red is what it is. Accept it or move on.
Old 03-14-2022, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Read none of this but you all have fantastic ideas.
Old 03-14-2022, 10:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
ok, I recall Zade now, but I wasn't talking about what GM's said.

Why do you think the devs are not here discussing ways to help bring back all the old red players?

Come on brother, you know the reason and it isn't that they are in denial.

Red is what it is. Accept it or move on.
They very rarely engaged threads where people gave feedback, that i can remember, even from the early years. I can remember Rogean laughing at me telling me that "This isnt CoD" only to remove xp loss a year later because the server was at single digit pop at nite but thats about it.

Same thing with Sirken, completely out of the blue, nerf xp during Kunark, kill the box that had just been revived with the removal of xp loss, where if they had discussed it prior, 95% of the box would have told them it was a bad idea. Not only that, they dont keep tabs on their actions, its almost like they pop in months later to check like whooops box's dead, lets press this button see what it will do.

That left a bad taste in your mouth that maybe some shady shit was going in the background where some people had money invested on blue and couldnt let red get too popular. Like, was that what was going on? Cuz nothing else computed about why they would take such terrible decisions.

I dont accept that, that the toxicity is why they dont engage on the forums. If i had to bet, they just think they know better and dont need the feedback. All the big toxics like Casey and kimm barely are gone for years, theres just me bitching here, nothing that would make them treat the people politely telling them in a 100 page thread that they are still waiting for an update on the new server or their active players as badly as they are right now. Nothing excuses it. But you are right about one thing, i should just move on and check in here every 3 months.
Old 03-16-2022, 01:13 AM
Planar Protector

Good post.

Another thing was banning cross server transactions that really shot red in the nuts because then people kinda thought meh maybe I’ll stick with blue there’s more people there anyways.

I know it was for rmt tracking reasons but server cross trading was awesome and kept people from blue engaged in red quite a bit and after that it was isolated dead box.

I don’t think they purposely tanked red, I could see people saying it was unfair thet one server got to get to level 60 so much faster than the other but I dunno.
Lost but not forgotten.