Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disabled signatures and avatars years ago and I haven't looked back once. I don't know (or care to know) all the drama behind everyone's chat window screenshots and forum quotes, and I certainly don't want to scroll through half a window of gifs, quotes, character lists, pie recipes, etc just to read a one-line post.

This is glorious. (The forums with no signatures/avatars, not the actual conversation...)
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See, most people have signatures/avatars that I actually find amusing. However, because a couple people like to have a woman posed on a bed acting like she's taking it from behind while wearing lingere or an asian woman playing with her boobs or some borderline hentai anime pic, I have to turn them all off even when I'm replying to a bug thread or a server chat question about what equipment to buy as a new player.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 03-05-2014, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't get rid of ricky ravine
fuck off conky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=158_j5kCQBU
Old 03-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Banned

^ make that two of us
Old 03-05-2014, 03:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Troll thread of the week in any case.

First world problems if you don't have a smartphone/ipad type thing with 4g to view the P99 forums on.
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Fire Giant

Old 03-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Fire Giant

I'd like to thank everyone who commented constructively and had reasonable arguments.

I think there's merit to both sides of the argument, and I think there's been a lot of popular argument styles here meant to derail what I was trying to impart.

Please keep in mind that the browsing habits of each side are trying to influence the others. One side doesn't want their freedoms restricted, so forces the other to disable part of the forums. The other side wants some things (sigs/avatars) to be less explicit (thus censoring those users) so they can view the forums without a handicap. Both sides create a censor, and the logic that one is self imposed doesn't really hold water because the users who have to disable them have stated that they wish they didn't have to.

Both sides of the argument cause the others to give something up. One side is a minority (or at least, a vocal minority). I had already disabled forum sigs/avatars prior to my post for my own protection, but wanted to have a civil discussion regarding the state of sigs/avatars, which I feel like is accomplished.

I won't be popping back in because frankly, it has reached RnF levels where I hoped it would not. Special shout out to Hailto who started on this thread rather derogatory but ended up contributing in a compelling manner.
Scientist - 37 ROG
Old 03-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No avatars, no gifs, google chrome.

Pure scummery [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still see the thread-relevant gifs that get posted, just not the same stale signature/avatar ones.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drktmplr12 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fuck off conky

Oh, those were excellent negotiation tactics you used, Patrick Swayze.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 03-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, those were excellent negotiation tactics you used, Patrick Swayze.
one of the best shows ever. i miss those days of smoking a bit with some friends and all gathering round a too small television to watch. sigh life goes on.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

heh when it first came out I thought it was the stupidest show ever and hated watching any of it. A few weeks ago a buddy put on an episode after a football game and i lost it, watched the whole series and the movie in a week lol.

still have liquor day to watch but heard its not that great, LOVE THAT SHOW and its even better that ricky and bubbles are from bangor maine (about 30 minute drive from where i live) so the last season with the swayze train and them going to bangor talking about maine was hilarious to me since i've never really heard maine mentioned in a show before let alone the city im next too ha

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread