Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacab-bansdontwork [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is it retarded?

Let's ay 1,000 credits costs $50, 1k credits can buy you 3-4 items.

Out of the 1,192 people online right now if only 350 paid the $50, that's $17,500 right there in the bank and all Rogean has to do is type #summon; that's almost 20k in donations by doing nothing more than typing 7 letters on a keyboard.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-23-2014, 10:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacab-bansdontwork [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why the delusion?

How many people on red and blue actually play for the "experience", how many people rush to max level just to raid targets all day, every day.

Think about that for a minute, for a lot of the people here getting to the top is their experience because back in 2001 they were probably 14 years old and couldn't get a toon past 35 until PoP
I see the point you're making here, and I agree with it. I still don't think a P99 version of the Station Exchange is a good idea. I think the idea of P99 is not to foster the max-level-raid-lawyering, but to appeal to players who are interested in a classic experience.

My guess is that once people have put in the time to experience the classic game, they're not left with a lot else to do but raid and bicker. There's not an RP community to speak of, and very few people enjoy crawling through dungeons just for the experience of doing it (and little chance of loot). There's always a camp, and it's always the camps that drop something. Runnyeye is barren of groups. So is Befallen, Kedge Keep, Sol A... This isn't a sign of a server population that is largely devoted to enjoying a classic experience.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:07 PM
Banned

Hi wizards battlestaff sounds cool, couldnt play without it!!!!!!!! got to click "Get".

Iz dumb. Whats the point?
Old 03-24-2014, 08:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
and just do what every other EMU server does to curb it, by creating your own donation/credit market for items; I'm willing to bet people would donate $50 for some Trak BP's or some shit like that.

Before people go "oh no it ruins economy and population" those WoW servers that do that have 5x P99's population and use that same method; it seems like a win//win/win, people that want to pay to win get to do that, the server gets an influx of donations, and third-party sales websites are effectively shutdown because they can't compete against the server itself.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If OP likes wow - go play wow and don't post here.

Reason many of us play this is because it's NOT WoW softcoreness!
Old 03-24-2014, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No.

But do you know what is classic? Going to playerauctions.com back in 2000-2001 and buying mad amounts of toons and platinum... How many of you nerds took your mom's credit card to your local Western Union for those 100k plat packages?
The only time I used one of those sites was after GoD when I sold my account for good (and obviously, regretted it later).
Old 03-24-2014, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

I like it. Fight fire with fire. You could even apply this strategy to others parts of your life. Concerned your children might be abducted and molested? Not if you do it first. Tie them up in the basement and do all the molesting yourself. They'll never be safer.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:08 AM
Fire Giant

Orruar has his head on straight~ Just be sure to wear a hat.
Closed Thread