Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

If you have never played on Red 99, what has kept you away?
The combination of global /ooc and the attention-starved circle-jerk of players from RnF (If I could do one thing for Project 1999 as a whole, I would remove all RnF forums entirely). I remember that Blue had a global /ooc when I started and it was a nightmare of spam. I don't need to re-live "Classic P99" EQ. In general, I don't think I have the capacity to enjoy time spent reading the same tired catch phrases all the time. Also, the same population/starting over concerns that many have.

Lastly, I never played on a PvP server back in 2000, so I am not missing that bit of nostalgia as it relates to EQ. Because of this, I'm also terrible at PvP. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can pvp on blue as well and fight whoever is in the mood to do the same, if that’s what you want to do. It seems everyone is forgetting that you can pvp on blue server as well. The difference is that on blue it’s optional.

I’m not buying any of this red propaganda. A server where you don’t have the option to avoid pvp is a server for grievers. The problem with it is that for the server to work it needs both grievers and preys.

The established community on red knows this very well. They don’t live for PVP. That is a lie. They live to grief others, and this propaganda is just meant to get them more prey.
I'm not really promoting red, I'm currently playing more blue than I am red right now. Just my humble opinion.

Yes sure you can /duel someone and say "hey let me buff up then med to 100% then let's duel on the count of 3 okay?"

Red PVP isn't about griefing (the small # of red trolls that get all the media attention). It's mainly about the guerilla surprise tactics and being prepared to mitigate one. You always have to have your guard up. Making sure you check who's in the zone every 5 seconds before you decide to do an exp pull. Making sure you're always buffed, have good resists on. It's just a certain dynamic that's thrilling sometimes.

For example, there was this one guy who tried to pvp me one day, then I saw him online one day at seafurie island. I got buffed underwater and started stalking him for a few minutes until it was the best time to swim up and attack. 75% of your PVP fights on red will not be on equal footing. Most of it will be by surprise, you just always have to be prepared. Plus, there's like 50% more spells that you will use on red that have value that you probably would never touch on blue.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with it is that for the server to work it needs both grievers and preys.
yep, that's exactly why all the "preys" have loged out permanently [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yep, that's exactly why all the "preys" have loged out permanently [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ocean is dark and full of sharks
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Kobold

I played a lot on Sullon on Live.

I dont think EverQuest was ever properly designed however the main reason I'm staying away from Red is cheating (I dont really see how P99 team could do what Sony/Verant failed to), delevelled raid geared alts and, at a Kunark Era, godlike Alts in general since pretty much everything is dropable.

All-nodrop + no level loss rule would probably make me play on Red but I highly doupt the EQ classic community would like it.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocent51 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a lot on Sullon on Live.

I dont think EverQuest was ever properly designed however the main reason I'm staying away from Red is cheating (I dont really see how P99 team could do what Sony/Verant failed to), delevelled raid geared alts and, at a Kunark Era, godlike Alts in general since pretty much everything is dropable.

All-nodrop + no level loss rule would probably make me play on Red but I highly doupt the EQ classic community would like it.
One thing I can definitely credit that staff for here is they actually keep the server cheat free to the best of their ability. Sullon had a massive showEQ problem, warping, offsets, z axis exploits, ghosting, etc etc. That's not an issue to my knowledge on p99red.

What you're describing does exist and it's definitely cheesy/griefery but it's not cheating. I think the main issue is the perception that the server is full of assholes and trolls. I'm sure it's being cleaned up but how do you reconcile the "red is fine, come have fun" mindset and also tell someone "well if a level 20 is killing you with a level 60 Druid backing him up you can just log off or go somewhere else" mindset?

EQ pvp is fun. It was the most fun gaming experience I've ever had, but I don't feel that p99 red will recapture that feeling for me especially due to (in no particular order) the toxic playerbase, deleveled uber twinks that are basically unkillable, level restrictions that enable out of range healers which ruins pvp, and low population.
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but it's not cheating.
No its not. Not on the same section. Its is something perfectly legit but still doesnt makes me want to play on the server.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocent51 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No its not. Not on the same section. Its is something perfectly legit but still doesnt makes me want to play on the server.
I agree with you on that. Got to watch a druid with fungi/manastone go HAM on all of blackburrow which was full of fresh red recruits. I'll pass on that.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think I have the capacity to enjoy time spent reading the same tired catch phrases all the time.
Don't have a cow, man.

Okay so here's what I take from this thread:

-Lots of bluebies don't know the Red99 ruleset, and refuse to play for imaginary reasons like item loot, xp loss on pvp death, not understanding how LnS works, etc.

Solution? Spam blue server with the red ruleset, in multiple channels so they can't hide the text easily (lol). Or idk, there's other ways to do it.

-Fungi Tunic, epics need minimum level requirement of 46 to equip and epics should totally not be questable until 50. I don't see why not to include this, even if the fungi thing is not classic. Could throw a level requirement of 46 on all raid gear too to avoid those Nihi twinks running around in VP gear on level 30s.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:23 PM
Fire Giant

Softcore PK - that's Amelie in your profile pic right? I saw that movie the other week..not sure how i felt about it or if I liked it or not.